Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is it better to start a small business on your own or with a business partner?

Since you called it a small business, I'd say you should start it on your own except you're still too short of funds and capital to go it all alone then you can talk of starting it up with a business partner. But if it where a business with huge involvement in capital expenditure, maybe you should go with a partner on it.

Advertisement Placeholder
To start a small business on your own will give you full control and income in business but a partnership may give you a chance for expansion. In a single ownership business, there is no need for you to wait for others' decisions but having a business partner may give you the other possibilities that may happen in your business. Is it better to start a small business on your own or with a business partner?
Most times in business it all depends on the priority of the individual involved and what he wants to acheive,starting small has its own advantage and then when the business neds expansion,you will need the help of a partner.

It is going to be a great idea in general to start a business with a partner but then you should ensure that this was somebody that you have a very good knowledge about and somebody that you are willing to share ideas with.

It is never a good idea to go into partnership business with anyone. I would prefer to do my business all alone because I have seen so many people lament after going into partnership business with friends and families.

Small business as I understand is something that can easily be manage , so it's not really something that you have to partner with people except you have the intention to grow the business later in the future.
For me I like to start up a small business on my alone because we all know that small business is not that stressful, so one start up the business without any partner to help, so for me I don't need any partner in my business.

For me I like to start up a small business on my alone because we all know that small business is not that stressful, so one start up the business without any partner to help, so for me I don't need any partner in my business.
Well it all depends on what you need , for me I am starting a large business if opportunity arises just to earn higher, I don't really have time to manage and grow small business , I don't know why.

Well it all depends on what you need , for me I am starting a large business if opportunity arises just to earn higher, I don't really have time to manage and grow small business , I don't know why.
Starting big is really good if actually you have the capital because having enough you can actually think of going into bigger one, I know starting with bigger one you can start making good profit from the business.

Starting big is really good if actually you have the capital because having enough you can actually think of going into bigger one, I know starting with bigger one you can start making good profit from the business.
I will agree with you. Just like you said, nothing should limit you from starting big as long as you have sufficient capital and a good business plan. Those two factors are very important to the success of any business.

Everything about starting a new business is having the capital to do so. Once that capital is available and enough, there's no reason for me to look at getting into a business partnership in the first place.

I'm never a good fan of business partnership because some people can't be trusted with the business running. I can't risk my money at all with someone I can't trust as a partner.

Everything about starting a new business is having the capital to do so. Once that capital is available and enough, there's no reason for me to look at getting into a business partnership in the first place.

I'm never a good fan of business partnership because some people can't be trusted with the business running. I can't risk my money at all with someone I can't trust as a partner.
Partnership is a good form of business and it has its own advantages. However, I understand the points you raised. Most business partners often end up quarrelling over key decisions and this will affect the business adversely.

The reason is because I don't have a single time to start growing smaller business that will take five years to generate tangible profits. Omo I can't do it. Is not worth the stress. Except on special occasion.

The reason is because I don't have a single time to start growing smaller business that will take five years to generate tangible profits. Omo I can't do it. Is not worth the stress. Except on special occasion.
If actually you don't have single time to run a business I think you can partner with someone who can help you to run the business as well, and the business so that you start making profit gradually on the business.

Well, I consider business and finance my personal matter and this is the main reason why I would prefer having my own business and never involve anyone.

If actually you don't have single time to run a business I think you can partner with someone who can help you to run the business as well, and the business so that you start making profit gradually on the business.
Presently , even if I need to engage in a partnership business , I wouldn't even have anyone to partner with because most of my friends are not also ready to start up a business. Well I can't really say much about them because I don't know their intention but I am just believing so .

If you want to venture into a small business you actually do not need a partner because a small business can be run effectively by one person. after some period of time you can expand to a reasonable extent then you can look for more investors.

To start a small business on your own will give you full control and income in business but a partnership may give you a chance for expansion. In a single ownership business, there is no need for you to wait for others' decisions but having a business partner may give you the other possibilities that may happen in your business. Is it better to start a small business on your own or with a business partner?

I prefer privacy and this is one of the main reasons why I would always start my own business and avoid partnerships in business. I always want to keep my financial matters private.

Starting a business alone is the best way of gaining more popularity and also learn more experience on business , and that can be done if you have enough money to start .

I think running a small business, is advisable you start alone not with a partner. a partner is only advisable when running a very large business that requires a huge amount of capital and helps in sharing of ideas.

I think running a small business, is advisable you start alone not with a partner. a partner is only advisable when running a very large business that requires a huge amount of capital and helps in sharing of ideas.
Yes I agree with you. It is better to start your business alone instead of tagging along with another person. This is because you might have different views and opinions about some issues.

Well, it depends sometimes it's good to start alone and sometime is better to run with a partner depends on the strength and kind of business. if it's a small scale, is better you run alone.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds