Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is advisable for employers to have interpersonal relationships with their staffs?

Having an interpersonal relationship with an employee is great as it would help to increase the productivity of the business. Although there should be some kind of boundaries wherein there is still respect for one another.

Advertisement Placeholder
As the saying goes, too much of everything is not good. Even though inter-personal is very helpful in the management of an organization, it sometimes creates its own problems. When the inter-personal relationship is too cordial, some few workers may try to bring in laziness in their work and if this is not checked earlier, it can slow down productivity.

Yes it is very advisable for employers to have good interpersonal communication with their employees, these help in smooth running of a business organization, it also help workers to work without pressure and fear, it also help workers to be creative, innovative and also work to achieve the company's goals and vision.
I understand your point, but wouldn't you agree that it is necessary to draw a line? Some employees take the relationship for granted by not showing proper respect to their employers. So while it is advisable to be friendly with them, going overboard with it can have negative effects.

Depends on the employer.. if they're being friendly to all their staffs or just to the ones they like? If that's the case that's a bad thing that can cause favouritism which is not healthy for the company and other employees. If they are fair and treats everyone the same then it's okay it can reduce the stress level at work

It is good tonhave interpersonal relationship with coworkers as this would help get to know each other well and promote good working habits. For me I think its okay for workers and their employers to have a good relationship with each other.

Having a cordial relationship with your staffs can also have negative effect on the growth of the business. One of it is that you might lose respects you deserve. They may not count on every words and command you give in the work place. Once the staffs discover that you do exact pressure, they are bound to do whatever the like, they may decided to come late without any remorse.

Having a cordial relationship with your staffs may be key to a successful business but how does it affect the business negative ways?
No, not advisable. Having a good relationship with your employees is totally different from having an interpersonal relationship with them. There will be overfamiliarity, and little respect. It's nice to have a good relationship with your employees, but not interpersonal.

An interpersonal relationship between an employer and employee is not actually advisable but it's not wrong either.
We are humans and we have feelings, we are not in charge of those feelings, they are things that are unprecedented so we can't smoulder the feelings when they are.
But the disadvantages of those interpersonal relationships is that it can lead to favouritism and unhealthy gossip in a place of work.

I definitely agree with you, having an interpersonal relationship with your employees will increase your company productivity and effectiveness. The employees will serve with willingness and diligence

Yeah it really depend on the individuals some picks you to the right and positive site while some on the way to dangerous side.
It put the the complete affect on business work and development through this concept if it carries you to the growth side.

It might improve the working environement and reduce the stress for you when working, but remember, business or business, you and him might not agree about something which can destroy the process of working, which is not good

Interpersonal relationships are very important in a workplace so I see no reason why an employer cannot have interpersonal relationships with his or her employees. An interpersonal relationship will build trust and harmony in your employees and in the workplace in general.

It is very necessary to have good interpersonal relationships with your staff, it help to foster more bond and unity in the working environment which would In turn improve their productivity.

There's a popular quote that says that over-familiarity causes the negligence of importance. It's good to have cordial relationship with your staff but always ensure that it's to an extent, with everybody knowing his/her boundary and reach.

Having interpersonal relationships with your employees, this may bring disrespect among the co-workers and it may affect the growth of the company or the business,

Developing a cordial relationship with your employees can boost the attractiveness and bring more healthy suggestions that will bring fortune to a business/company that is expecting to grow string strong over the years.

Yes it is very advisable for employers to have good interpersonal communication with their employees, these help in smooth running of a business organization, it also help workers to work without pressure and fear, it also help workers to be creative, innovative and also work to achieve the company's goals and vision.
He is absolutely right, when he says that the workers perform their functions without pressure or fear, this really helps the company with a good development and harmony. In this way, workers achieve their daily goals and the employer advances in his business. What surely generates economic gains for all

When you say cordial what I understand is a friendship with the staff. I am like that during my career days because I want to be loved by my subordinates. As long as they do the job well then I don't see anything wrong. We go bowling on Friday nights or on weekends and with the guys I sometimes drink with them. We also go on a short vacation trip to a resort during summer, an overnight or even for the whole weekend. As long as there is no intimate relationship then that is just fine.

I agree with you that good relationship among workers and their employer is a great means to successful achievement in the business because everyone will be happy to put more than his or her best into the success of the company.

Yeah! Of course having good interpersonal relationships of employer with his employees is a key to make his business successful. If an employer has good relationship and attachment then his employees can easily share their problems regarding business and also they work with full zeal which lead your business to success.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds