Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Interview

Ogbes

Recognized member
Credits
What's your response when you don't know the answer to a question in a job interview?

Advertisement Placeholder
I tell them "hmm that's an hard question for me let me think about it for a while" and then I will think of a solution, about the answer, I will somehow manage to find an answer although it is so difficult I will manage to do that so the interviewer would get impressed. Because if you don't answer to a question the interviewer might reduce points and then you might lose that job, usually it happens that people don't find an answer but I think they should somehow find one anyway.

If the question is related to the job you have applied for and do not know the answer, I think that would be very embarasing. You apply to the job and claim in your application that you are good fit and yet you cannot answer, isn't that a humiliating situation. However, if the question is not related to the work, you can easily tell the interviewer that you don't know anything about it.

If they are asking an absurd question that is not related to the job that I am applying for, I will definitely not bother about giving an answer as I will say that I have no idea. Trying to impress when I am limited is going to come off as being desperate.

If they are asking an absurd question that is not related to the job that I am applying for, I will definitely not bother about giving an answer as I will say that I have no idea. Trying to impress when I am limited is going to come off as being desperate.

I can relate to that. In the past, I have also applied for a job in a company. They asked me really absurd questions that were not related to the job. For example, they asked me about my weaknesses and strengths. This was not related to the job in a direct manner.

I can relate to that. In the past, I have also applied for a job in a company. They asked me really absurd questions that were not related to the job. For example, they asked me about my weaknesses and strengths. This was not related to the job in a direct manner.

Asking you about your strength and weakness on a a particular interview is not bad because they want to know what you feel about emotions and how you can handle such when it present itself at the workplace too.

Interviews are the worst part of it. Since I've mostly worked online, I haven't done many job interviews. At the call center it was pretty easy. If I didn't know, I just tried to banter instead.

Thank goodness I work online for a living now. :)

Asking you about your strength and weakness on a a particular interview is not bad because they want to know what you feel about emotions and how you can handle such when it present itself at the workplace too.

I am quite sure that a person would be quite reluctant to discuss a things such as their weaknesses. However, such kind of healthy discussions could help a person identify their weaknesses and when we discuss that during interview, we can work together to get rid of our weaknesses and turn them into our strengths.

Well, if you don't know the answer to the question you are asked, there is no way you can be able to answer it. No matter how they rephrase the question, it is still going to be the same thing for you. The simplest thing for you to do is to tell the interviewer that you don't have any viable answer for the question and they're going to move to another one.

Well, if you don't know the answer to the question you are asked, there is no way you can be able to answer it. No matter how they rephrase the question, it is still going to be the same thing for you. The simplest thing for you to do is to tell the interviewer that you don't have any viable answer for the question and they're going to move to another one.

Well, in many cases, the interviewer may or they may not ask logical questions. It is up to you how you tackle them. I think if you do not know the answer of a question, then you must be honest and state that you do not know the answer.

Well, in many cases, the interviewer may or they may not ask logical questions. It is up to you how you tackle them. I think if you do not know the answer of a question, then you must be honest and state that you do not know the answer.

The most important thing is that no matter the kind of an interview process that you are going through, whenever they ask you any question that you cannot be able to interpret and provide an answer for it, they are never going to kill you for not answering such question.

It is either the fail you for the interview or they pass you, knowing fully well that the question they asked you couldn't be answered.

The most important thing is that no matter the kind of an interview process that you are going through, whenever they ask you any question that you cannot be able to interpret and provide an answer for it, they are never going to kill you for not answering such question.

It is either the fail you for the interview or they pass you, knowing fully well that the question they asked you couldn't be answered.

I am quite sure that when they ask a specific kind of question, they tend to ask questions related to jobs. In many cases, they may ask questions that might not be related to your career. However, considering the fact that they are most likely to ask questions related to employee career, they should focus on that and get prepared for that.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds