Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Are Pop Up Ads Really Bad?

Credits
The most common answer is YES!
Pop up ads is intrusive and even the creator of pop up ads, Ethan Zuckerman is reported to have apologized for creating pop up ads. However, I think pop up ads are also one of the best low cost advertising method. By spending $5-$10 you will be able to get 1000 impressions on your websites form real people. It might not be good for monetization but it is certainly good for advertising. What do you think?

Advertisement Placeholder
Pop up ads can be malicious, this is where lots of malware usually get added to and unfortunately sometimes those not aware of the dangers of adware may accidentally click on pop up ads. Of course not all of them are bad, I'm weary of them and will never click on a pop up ad even if it's for a site I trust.
I have experienced this myself. Many years ago, I was using Propeller ads, I was earning well but the anti virus I used frequently warned me when I visited my own site. Therefore, I had to remove propeller ads.

I have always found pop-up ads on any site to be intrusive and annoying. I can never understand why so many websites have these active unless they are looking to be annoying or even greedy when it comes to monetization of their site.

I find that pop-up ads can be off-putting and tend to turn people away from the site rather than encourage them to stay.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 7)

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations