Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

General In Over Your Head with Exchanges and Other Obligations

For all the diverse topics that don't quite fit elsewhere.

Jason

Royal member
Website
drummerlesson.com
Credits
That can be a problem is we make promises we can't keep or can't keep in a decent time frame. Anyone in this boat? Well, sometimes getting into this comes from over-confidence or perhaps you are in a desperate need of money.

I tend to only take on post exchanges I know I have the time for. I used to be bad about taking on more than I could chew so to speak when I first got into owning my own forum over a decade ago. I wouldn't want to forget to work on my part of the deal, it doesn't look good on your part.

When I've had an exchange thread I would sometimes get overwhelmed. I'd close the topic temporarily to complete the ones already in progress.

It's hard, but typically if you're honest with the person you're exchanging with that would help. Letting them know you may need a few more days time, or a specific date is helpful. Do not just say "I'll get to it when I can" because you are providing a service. A person will be much more understanding if you give it to the date... And if you don't make that date you should definitely return the payment/partial-payment.

I would say when it comes to doing post exchnages that you ahve a set limit on how many you are doing at once, I tend to finish one before starting the other ;) I do like five as an max limit depends on how much in involved.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor