Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How to manage a poultry business

Poultry birds with proper housing are expected to be treated in a strictly hygienic way. A good and clean atmosphere should be provided with adequate ventilation. The farm should be free from diseases and pests. Layers require regular temperatures. Chicken farms are managed by poultry farm supervisors, supervising tasks such as caring for the chickens, keeping records of animal growth and developing budgets.

Advertisement Placeholder
I do manage poultry. The reality about managing poultry business will have a lots to do with having a basic knowledge about poultry. The important thing to learn is to learn how to study the behaviour of the birds and give them their drugs as at when due.

I have seen many people who are into poultry business
Most of them buys the poultry on credit and pays back after selling the poultry
That's not how to do a business, you should look for some money to buy your poultry yourself and not on credit
To be successful in a poultry farming you have to always treat your poultry and inject them.

My friend have been managing a poultry business for years now and have not really made alot of gain cos the chicken keeps on dying.
Please any advise on how to manage the business and make more gains

Poultry farming could be considered as one of the most lucrative agricultural business ideas in Nigeria today. It requires not huge capital to start as you can start from the comfort of your house if you have enough space to take the number of birds that you desire.

It’s not a new saying that poultry farming business is a very lucrative agribusiness.
Poultry farming refers to the raising of various types of domestic birds commercially for the purpose of producing meat, eggs, and feathers.
In this poultry farming for beginners guide, our focus will be on fowl, but we all know it as Chicken.
Chicken is the most common type of poultry in the world.

• Well-defined biosecurity practices throughout broiler production (pre-, during and post-placement) are crucial to successful poultry production.
  • Effective biosecurity can aid hygiene, vermin and insect control on-farm and help to limit disease transmission within and between barns.

You can manage it if you have the right people and the right tools and space. You should have placed it not near the neighboring houses. It can affect the sanitation due to flies if now cleaned properly and it is the law. So be wise to manage a poultry.

Poultry birds are needed to be maintained in a strictly hygienic manner with proper housing and a good and clean environment with proper ventilation should be provided. The farm should be disease and pest free. Layers require regular temperature too.

Its Very hard and critical to manage a poultry business. You can manage if you strictly focus on the following suggestions.
1.Biosecurity

Well-defined biosecurity practices throughout broiler production (pre-, during and post-placement) are crucial to successful poultry production
2. Downtime between flocks

• Adequate downtime of at least 14 days with appropriate cleaning and disinfection measures between flock placementshelps to reduce transmission of disease between flocks and allows time to prepare for the next flock.
  • 3. Preplacementt preparation
    • Pre-placement preparation is needed before the new flock arrives to help prevent losses during brooding and the rest of grow out.

you should enter the business well prepared by considering all of its aspects. Right from setting up some basic equipment to raising the birds and marketing your business, you have to take every step wisely.

It seems your friend doesn't have any experience from poultry business before entering into it, he needs to find a mentor to tutor him on what to do to fully succeed, alternatively if he can't handle the business himself then he needs to find an expert who has a lot of previous experience to be helping him do it and then he would pay him based on aggrement.

When you are managing any businness or your poultry businness you need to put your heart on it because if you love what you are doing eventually your business or your poultry farm will going to success.

When you are managing any businness or your poultry businness you need to put your heart on it because if you love what you are doing eventually your business or your poultry farm will going to success.
I don't think this has solve the problem at hand.

The chickens are dieing and the only solution I think is for him to reduce the chicken he is breeding for now so has to reduce the losses from the business cos if he doesn't have the time to take care of the chickens, he may lose money trying to breed them.

In poultry, you either focus on egg production or meat production. For high investments and people who are just starting out, I advice seeking the services of a poultry farm consultant. This fowls are very fragile and do not like their temperatures to go extreme. A little too high or two low always affects them this the deaths.
He should also ensure he vaccinate them against harmful diseases like flu and new castle who are very deadly.

My friend have been managing a poultry business for years now and have not really made alot of gain cos the chicken keeps on dying.
Poutry farming is very profitable if well done.
First of all it needs space,whereby the chicken should not be suffocated in a small room but needs space .
He should know the right way and method to treat those chicken incase of a disease and should be aware of the kind of food he should feed them

Your friend needs the help of a doctor; a veterinarian. He also needs to ensure his poultry is spacious as to his bird roam around freely and curtail spread of diseases on his farm.

Poultry business is profitable but it is very difficult to manage, for this you have to take all the steps that can save your hens from diseases and problems and you will be arranging the big room first and the air conditioner in it too to save hens life.lifetimes

Your friend needs the help of a doctor; a veterinarian. He also needs to ensure his poultry is spacious as to his bird roam around freely and curtail spread of diseases on his farm.
Great idea, I think if he can get a plot or two, it should be enough, if the chicken are upto 500 or maybe a thousand, then I would recommend a bigger space.

Well for someone who have been doing the business for long, I think he should have enough space for the chicken and also get a good animal doctor

Managing a poultry farm is very challenging because it one is dealing with livestocks which are delicate and they require a lot of time to man age proper. So the first thing to always consider to be success in poultry is the technical know how and the right resources or capital to manage the business.

To me managing a poultry farm it's more easy than a fish farm. All you need is your capital your land forget about the knowledge you can get it anywhere in fact it's way easy to get knowledge about poultry nowadays as there are schools that are ready to cheat you at the particular amount of money within a particular time let's say like two weeks and managing it is more easy as all you need is to teach your children one or two things or your younger ones even when you are not around you are rest assured that your poultry is okay.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds