Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How to manage a poultry business

It will be good if you can ask pet doctors to come over to your poultry in order to exam the diseases or pandemic facing the birds. He will be in best position to recommend the appropriate drugs and injection for the chickens.

Advertisement Placeholder
I think before starting the business it self, this is one thing you should make sure you have taken care of. Gain knowledge in this areas, the mistake many make is always wanting to learn when the business starts not before starting the business.
You are correct, couldn't agree less but also, it's not a bad thing to learn on the job as these necessary facilities may not be necessarily available at the beginning.

You are correct, couldn't agree less but also, it's not a bad thing to learn on the job as these necessary facilities may not be necessarily available at the beginning.
That's true though and in most cases learning along the way can be pretty handy as the pressure you are under would make you learn three times faster.

It will be good if you can ask pet doctors to come over to your poultry in order to exam the diseases or pandemic facing the birds. He will be in best position to recommend the appropriate drugs and injection for the chickens.
One has to be very careful while managing a poultry business or farm. Disease prevention is very important because all the chicks might die since diseases usually spread at a faster rate in the poultry.

I do manage poultry. The reality about managing poultry business will have a lots to do with having a basic knowledge about poultry. The important thing to learn is to learn how to study the behaviour of the birds and give them their drugs as at when due.

One has to be very careful while managing a poultry business or farm. Disease prevention is very important because all the chicks might die since diseases usually spread at a faster rate in the poultry.
You seem to know more about this poultry business than myself,what are the common diseases that may affect poultry birds. Most birds in my area died all of a sudden last year with high temperature, we had to buy chicken for the celebration.

We do need to learn poultry business from expert or any person that's doing a poultry business so as not to mark any mistakes, because f you don't take care of them the proper way , most of them will die in the process.
They are so fragile, that is what I have come to observe about it and without proper understanding of how it is being done you might even be a process of losing everything, when infection strike it affect nearly all chickens and all of them may die within 2 days, have had experience of this before ?

You seem to know more about this poultry business than myself,what are the common diseases that may affect poultry birds. Most birds in my area died all of a sudden last year with high temperature, we had to buy chicken for the celebration.
I am so sorry for your loss. I have a little idea about the business. I was with a relative who had a poultry farm so I used to observe a lot of things about the management of the poultry farm.

My friend have been managing a poultry business for years now and have not really made alot of gain cos the chicken keeps on dying.
Please any advise on how to manage the business and make more gains
Before you take up any business, get to know as much as possible from the business.
There has to be a reason for the consistent deaths recorded.
I would also advice that you know the kind of chicken breeds you buy, they are some breeds that are more susceptible to little changes in climate or feed constituents than others.

Before you take up any business, get to know as much as possible from the business.
There has to be a reason for the consistent deaths recorded.
I would also advice that you know the kind of chicken breeds you buy, they are some breeds that are more susceptible to little changes in climate or feed constituents than others.
That's true, I think someone once mentioned something about two different kinds of breed and one usually last longer then the other one, while one is good for cold conditions than the other.

In running a poultry business, one should have an animal doctor that could explain how best to keep the animals alive, that way you are certain of profit.
Treatment is the best way of managing a poultry business in order to get better gain, getting a better space and location for your poultry farm is also very important.

I am so sorry for your loss. I have a little idea about the business. I was with a relative who had a poultry farm so I used to observe a lot of things about the management of the poultry farm.
So what can you say about the fact that the cross bred birds i.e the agric fowl gets sick and die untimely especially weeks before Christmas after they must have grown so much.

So what can you say about the fact that the cross bred birds i.e the agric fowl gets sick and die untimely especially weeks before Christmas after they must have grown so much.
It may be that they have been infected by particular poultry disease and it is better you observe the birds when they are resting for potential signs of sickness. Or better still, consult a veterinary doctor.

It may be that they have been infected by particular poultry disease and it is better you observe the birds when they are resting for potential signs of sickness. Or better still, consult a veterinary doctor.
I don't think it's a poultry disease because they were just few birds, about just four of them in a big cage, I also thought of bringing in a vet doctor but I was thinking it's for big number of birds.

I don't think it's a poultry disease because they were just few birds, about just four of them in a big cage, I also thought of bringing in a vet doctor but I was thinking it's for big number of birds.
You need to learn proper care and management of poultry business before venturing into the business because of poultry disease that can wipe away all the birds if care is not taken.

You need to learn proper care and management of poultry business before venturing into the business because of poultry disease that can wipe away all the birds if care is not taken.
Yeah thanks for the update I think I understand better now, one major reason why such things happen is due to inadequate planning and lack of experience.

Well I know managing a poultry business can be stressful. Having the right employees is very important and also the right manager, because there might be situations where the employees start stealing from under you.

Poultry business is quite difficult to manage alone. To manage it successfully you will need a veterinary doctor standing by in case there is any observable change. This will prevent unnecessary lost of chicken

Poultry business is quite difficult to manage alone. To manage it successfully you will need a veterinary doctor standing by in case there is any observable change. This will prevent unnecessary lost of chicken
You can actually manage a poultry business alone only if the poultry is a small one , but in the case where the poultry is a big one , it can never be managed and run by an indivudual.

Actually managing a poultry farm is very stressful though lucrative but it wont be more effective when you manage without the help of a personel who will be in charge of their health and other related issues.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds