Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How often do you carry out threads clean up?

Heatman

Service Team
Service Team
Top Performer
Credits
Every forum owner runs and manage his forum the way he see fit. There are some forum owner who see it important to clean up irrelevant threads once in a while while there are some forums owners who doesn't card about doing it ever in their forum.

Do you have forum members who complained about having to clean up threads in your forum once in a while? How do you manage them in such situation?

I try to browse the different areas about once a month. Checking for threads with not so many replies and seeing if I can bump it, or seeing if it makes sense where it is. My biggest thing is moving threads to the correct areas. I don't typically delete threads, unless a question that got solved, then I archive it and close it. Sometimes I do this more than once a month, but I really try to do a deep dive once a month.

Most threads are open and never get removed unless it's that old and the subject is no longer a thing to be talked about then it gets locked :) I only locked topics when I feel it need to be locked, mostly when the topic that old gets bumped :p but that's like 5% ;)

I like to keep threads with posts in them as much as I can and even if old old topic does get bumped or is still being posted then continues as it's still in the category to be talked about, no point making another topic about cats.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor