Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How often are you assessing you site in Google Search Console?

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
One of the tools I find indispensable in my webmaster toolkit is Google Search Console (GSC). Previously known as Google Webmaster Tools. From understanding how Google views your site to uncovering potential SEO issues and tracking the performance of my site's organic search traffic, it offers a lot of information that can inform our strategies and decision-making.

This got me thinking about how often we, as webmasters, check in on our sites using GSC. The frequency might vary depending on the nature of the site, the volume of traffic, the current focus of your SEO strategy, and various other factors.

So, let's dive into this:

1. How often do you assess your site using Google Search Console? Daily, weekly, monthly?
  2. What factors influence the frequency of your assessments?
  3. What are the primary insights or data points you look for when you check your site on GSC?
  4. Can you share any instances where regular assessments in GSC helped you identify and fix an issue or capitalize on an opportunity?
  5. Lastly, do you have any tips or best practices for making the most out of GSC assessments?
I'm curious to learn about your routines and insights when it comes to using this powerful tool. Your experiences might help others fine-tune their approach to using GSC and getting the most out of it.

Looking forward to an insightful discussion!

Generally, monthly I'll search my board on Google using the "site:" operator and it will have the Google Search Console as the first result where when I click it opens up the console for me to review my SEO rankings on Google. I just like to see if my rankings have gotten any better or if I've gotten any impressions or clicks.

Googlebot was apparently checking mobile first instead of desktop for Jcink boards which caused some indexing issues, but I told the owner of Jcink about it and he fixed it where Google indexes mobile mode of Jcink now instead of desktop mode.

Part of my morning routine - in between reading the news and checking forums - is to check Google Search Console (which seems to update at Midnight) and ahref.

I can't say I really check anything in particular. Google emails me any issues that crop up, so I just like to see that there is a general rise in indexed pages, plus that search impressions and clicks are ticking along nicely.

I look for the same thing on ahref: that backlinks, DR and linked domains are mostly rising.

For me I suppose it's just a way I can see progress. Perhaps it keeps me motivated? Sometimes there's big jumps in something and I get a little excited lol!

I check it at least once every week now. I'm curious to see how well my site is ranked, and it's fun seeing the achievements you can earn too.

I honestly do need to get better at viewing and assessing my site in Google Search Console. I know it's there and I know I can use it but not being in the habit to check it doesn't help.

I need to add it to my list of things to do so that I know I can check it at least a few times a week.

Haven't looked into it in probably 8-9 months. I do use Ubersuggest and Keywords Everywhere as my primary SEO tools right now.

I do have Google Search Console setup but I do not check that often though.I mean I do what's the outcome anyway on most days knowing it's pointless checking. I do not even have a good SEO tool at this stage to even consider but I might have to soon enought

I do have Google Search Console setup but I do not check that often though.I mean I do what's the outcome anyway on most days knowing it's pointless checking. I do not even have a good SEO tool at this stage to even consider but I might have to soon enought
Ubersuggest is pretty good for a free web tool. They do have a paid plan, but the free plan is good enough for small sites.

I was looking forward to IPS being in a better toll system that's built into the software :) that's what I like to see more off as regards to tools
Having something hosted on your own site for SEO related stuff would be nice, and "SEO Panel" is self hosted but for some reason it would not connect to a literal brand new MySQL database JUST for it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest