Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How much is a fair price for a theme?

Welcome to reality. Fantasy land exit was about 2 miles back. ;)
But ironically.. what some consider "awful" others consider being hit with reality. It ultimately depends on your "focal aspect" when dealing with life. Those that live in the unicorn/fantasy world rarely tend to comport well with those that live in the rocks/desert aspect of life.
There’s a difference is being constructive and toxic.

There’s a difference is being constructive and toxic.
That depends on how it's taken. As I said... feelers don't count. One may not like the way commentary is worded.. but one should still be adult enough to dig through the comment to see if there is validity there. Not everyone is going to post commentary that is "smoochy face"... but those comments that aren't are still valid.
Many people are blunt/abrasive... is it your position that one should ignore their comments because they are such?
Or should one look deeper into the underlying content? Which aspect deals more with reality and which deals more with personal feelings? Sorry... but if you are in the arena of business... a business owner/persons personal feelings don't count. The possible clients has a higher priority... or at least that is if one desires to actually make money.
There is a reason that there is the old saying that "The customer is always right". If one doesn't care about kicking a segment of income to the curb.. then they can do a blanket ignoring of that. A good business owner will look at the critical comments carefully and deep-dive into their meaning instead of getting arse-hurt. Generally... complaints have a valid base. One may not want to recognize it... but if it wasn't negatively impacting someone they usually won't be commenting in a manner that hurts ones feelers.
That's something that the "feel-good" brigade trends to overlook. Not everyone believes in the unicorns that they chase.

Last edited:
But ironically.. what some consider "awful" others consider being hit with reality. It ultimately depends on your "focal aspect" when dealing with life. Those that live in the unicorn/fantasy world rarely tend to comport well with those that live in the rocks/desert aspect of life.
The hilarity is that you think I'm in one category when I very much live in the other.

That depends on how it's taken. As I said... feelers don't count. One may not like the way commentary is worded.. but one should still be adult enough to dig through the comment to see if there is validity there. Not everyone is going to post commentary that is "smoochy face"... but those comments that aren't are still valid.
Many people are blunt/abrasive... is it your position that one should ignore their comments because they are such?
Or should one look deeper into the underlying content? Which aspect deals more with reality and which deals more with personal feelings? Sorry... but if you are in the arena of business... a business owner/persons personal feelings don't count. The possible clients has a higher priority... or at least that is if one desires to actually make money.
There is a reason that there is the old saying that "The customer is always right". If one doesn't care about kicking a segment of income to the curb.. then they can do a blanket ignoring of that. A good business owner will look at the critical comments carefully and deep-dive into their meaning instead of getting arse-hurt. Generally... complaints have a valid base. One may not want to recognize it... but if it wasn't negatively impacting someone they usually won't be commenting in a manner that hurts ones feelers.
That's something that the "feel-good" brigade trends to overlook. Not everyone believes in the unicorns that they chase.
You are so black or white sometimes, but never gray. You do know there's empathy right? It goes a long way.

The part that gets me is when he accuses me of being black and white without realising the irony of projection.

The hilarity is that you think I'm in one category when I very much live in the other.
The hilarity is that you think that was directed at you. I think you and I know if I was talking about you specifically I would have freely called you out on it.
What's the old saying though? Something about a shoe fitting?

You are so black or white sometimes, but never gray. You do know there's empathy right? It goes a long way.
Well, that may be due to over 1/2 my life having to deal with black/white issues. Generally there wasn't a "gray" area. You have to trend towards being literal.... as being "gray" doesn't usually work and sometimes comes back and bites you in the ass. Seen it way to many times, a few which ended up costing a life or life-long injury .
As for the aspect of the "customer is always right"... it's a philosophy. But that, in todays younger society, seems to be something that is hard for folks to understand.
In many business aspects, empathy is something you can feel, but you can't act upon.

Last edited:
The hilarity is that you think that was directed at you
No, I'm well aware it wasn't specifically directed at me. But I live in your head rent-free for some reason, so, uh, have fun with that.

No, I'm well aware it wasn't specifically directed at me. But I live in your head rent-free for some reason, so, uh, have fun with that.
Apparently you think so... but sorry to burst your bubble. The only time I "think" of you is when I see a post from you. Other than that, your significance in my live is nil. So, have fun with that.

Meanwhile.... I could see where it would be rather difficult to gain traction with a paid theme on a free script.
I remember myBB had some when I was playing with it, and some of them were by well-known folks (for some reason Ehren is sticking out in my mind).. but I don't know how well they were taken up.

We're starting to sway off-topic, can we please discuss the original question this topic poses instead of turning it into a personal vendetta against each other?

Well, I *was* until it was dragged off topic. Not the first time, won’t be the last time. But I did learn a lesson here today.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest