Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How many years of staff experience do you have?

Credits
So it's no wonder that pretty much everyone here on this forum have at least been a moderator or admin on their own forum or perhaps on others. How many years do you have being staff on a forum? I say I have at least 5 or 6 years experience, could be longer though. I've been staff on a few forums throughout the years, and have set up forums quite a bit. I'm well experienced when it comes to installing forums on servers too. I'm just a forum nerd! xD

Advertisement Placeholder
I started using forums in about 2006/2007 and pretty much jumped straight into doing various roles like moderating, package team, review team and administrator. I even dabbled in Photoshop for a bit and was graphics team, although I would be extremely rusty at that now... I think the last Photoshop package I used was CS3. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I moved away from being an avid user of forums in about 2013 in favour of using social media and I felt that forums were starting to become a dying trend and a lot of newer forums were samey and coming into an already oversaturated market. I did continue to use a few, but mainly lurked.

So I'd say that I probably have about 6 or 7 years experience of being staff, but it's probably like riding a bike, right? ;)

I haven't worked as a staff in any forum in the past. I feel more relaxed being just a member without the exta responsibility of being a staff member. I don't like being compelled to work because I'm a staff.

I started in forums in 1995-ish, got my first mod spot in 1998 and been on staff on at least one forum ever since, so...25 years...Oh geez...

Simultaneously too much and not enough: I've been around, seen a lot of things, very little surprises me any more, but at the same time I still feel like there's new things to learn.

Simultaneously too much and not enough: I've been around, seen a lot of things, very little surprises me any more, but at the same time I still feel like there's new things to learn.
Of course yes, there's been a lot of improvement from what we know forums to be like years ago. They are no where near being the same. Even though social media have knocked down hard on the use of forums, it's still kicking up well.

I began staff positions in 2004 I believe. I've been on forums since 2003. Quite a bit of experience within that time. It's crazy that it's been 20ish years. Several breaks in there though as well, but 2004 - 2008 I was always staff on at least 2 forums or I was running a forum. 2010-2011 I returned and became staff at a forum... Disappeared again until 2013ish and became an admin at one, got kicked off and became an admin at another and disappeared around 2016 or so. So for sure about 9-10 years worth of being staff at a forum.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds