Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How many plugins or addons do you have installed on your forum?

Ravenfreak

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
How many plugins or addons do you currently have installed on your community? I currently don't have any additional addons or plugins installed on my forums at the moment. I have installed crucial ones whenever I used PunBB in the past. I'm thinking about integrating badges to one of my communities eventually. Also do you ever use seasonal plugins like the snow effect during the Holidays or other effects during other holidays?

The roleplay forum I was actively working on throughout parts of 2022 had two plugins in it for things that weren't standard to the forum software. I have several installs, but only one of those has plugins, the others don't need any, and even then it's just for minor tweaks and changes.

Historically it's been typical for me to have no more than half a dozen plugins, where I'd have whatever off-the-shelf plugins I was using for the site and then one 'site plugin' that had all the specific customisations I'd built, where it wasn't just in the theme.

I use Jcink, so we just have a board wrapper that we paste JavaScript into, no plugins or anything along those lines. I have some core 'add-ons' on the board, but I mostly have codes that modify the little things across the board.

After cleaning out my addons last week, my XenForo site has 13 addons installed with the most major feature being a "comment on reply" addon.

My oldest WordPress site has 17 plugins active, with 7 of them being related to e-commerce.

Outside of endless hours building them, luckily I don't spend much time maintaining addons/plugins I use from other authors.

We use 39 add ons on Admin Junkies. 😅 With a few additional ones being disabled but still installed.
Some of them to boost performance, shorten load times, lite speed caching, cloudflare, etc.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor