Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How important is SEO?

ZandraJoi

Reputable member
Website
holisticallysecular.proboards.com
Credits
From my limited knowledge on SEO, I was told it’s quite important. However, from talking to actual forum owners, they don’t see a big difference in utilizing SEO versus other means such as word of mouth, ads.
I personally haven’t gotten members from a search engine. They are all from other forums either for Post Exchanges or just simply being friendly doing a quid for pro.
What is your opinion on this?

For forum owners, it's always been a questionable topic because most forums would never rank particularly well in a search engine for organic searches, because people don't write posts in a way that would work out well for that, and such it has ever been.

For blogs/articles on the other hand, it's still very much as it has ever been, because you're not opening it up to all-comers, you can take the time to write it and structure it and make it appealing to both readers and search engines and build audiences that way.

For blogging, I find it important but content quality is really most important.

For forums, I'd rather try to develop a real community within the forum than focus on SEO. If you develop a community,. Then you have loyal people who come back again and again.

A real community will survive regardless of SEO.

It's the same with social media, the algorithms don't apply when there is a real community established where people go directly to you rather than an algorithm taking them to you.

I would say when it comes to a forum, it is somewhat important but getting that community built up is also just as important as well. When it comes to a blog, SEO is definitely important for sure as well as high-quality content on the blog as well.

I myself always try to work on SEO whether it be a forum or a blog if I am honest but with a forum, I also work on building a community as well.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor