Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

🔍 SEO Insights How do you promote your forum/blog?

Discussing search engine optimization techniques and questions.

Heatman

Service Team
Service Team
Top Performer
Credits
Having a forum isn't the difficult part but having it become visible to the world is the biggest challenges. If your forum isn't visible to a lot of people, it's going to be very difficult to get members, traffic, content and make money from it on the long run.

How do you go about promoting your forum/blog?

I don't own a forum at the moment but I do own a blog where I discuss about Sport, I promote my blog on social media like Facebook and also on my YouTube channel and sometimes people who are really Satisfied with the contents do share on other platforms like medium and Pinterest since I don't directly promote on those platforms.

I don't own a forum at the moment but I do own a blog where I discuss about Sport, I promote my blog on social media like Facebook and also on my YouTube channel and sometimes people who are really Satisfied with the contents do share on other platforms like medium and Pinterest since I don't directly promote on those platforms.
Pinterest is one social media platform that I haven't understood how it works. I have registered an account on it but I don't really know what to do on it.

But when it comes to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, I'm very used to working with them for all kind of promotional purposes.

I think signature advertising has brought in most of my members, where I have engaged in boards with a similar genre as mine and it has helped bring in new members.

I'm sure I've gained a handful of members from search engines as well, but my search rankings haven't always been the best though.

I should utilize social networks to advertise, but I've never been too much into social networks.

My primary method of promoting my forums is by using webmaster forms. use webmaster forums to build a member base as well as the content. use social media platforms to promote my blogs, and I have pages and Twitter acconts for my blogs.

I remember when I had my general chat forum before I had to close it due to the hosting going up by a lot. I would promote my forum throughout social media and also in signatures on other forums if they allowed that. Doing things like post exchanges with other forums who are in agreement to allow a signature link to your forum was always a great way for me to bring traffic to my website. It does take a lot of time and a lot of patience. With a lot of work though, you will see the results.

I think now a days, most forums are keen on helping each other in promoting themselves. They have a dedicated section for forum advertisements, they have an option to buy the advertisement space on the header or some other place on the homepage for a very less price, they allow signature advertisements, they host multiple contests focusing on gifting advertisement spaces, etc. in addition to all the ways mentioned above.

I promote my communities on other communities, sometimes I'll post links to my sites on social media but I never get new members just a influx of bots crawling the site. It's been a while since I've tried using Youtube to promote my sites, whenever I get the time I plan on making some videos promoting them.

I think signature advertising has brought in most of my members, where I have engaged in boards with a similar genre as mine and it has helped bring in new members.
I think many people under estimate the power of signatures. I see it like It's kind of word of mouth. (not as exponential as social media advertising, but surely it does work)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest