Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How do you manage Employees in Business?

To manage employees in business, you have to make sure they are not just recruited to any department but the area where they are good at and where they are interested on working
Also, bonuses and rewards should be given to employees that perform their duties above expectation and effectively

Advertisement Placeholder
The best way to manage employee is to pay them well for the service they render and provide suitable working environment for them. Engage the services of a personnel manager to take care of your workers' needs and anything related to them. Do not be too strict though, just make sure they are doing what you want.

Each business is different. And so does the work that goes for the business. And the people hired in such business are also different. And so you have to learn to manage those sort of the employees. Handling people is one of the hardest job out there. And so managing business takes a lot of time.

In such case, how do you handle the employees in business?
You can manage your employees in your business by using these tools

Hire the right people. ...
Prioritise training. ...
Be clear and open with communication. ...
Support your staff. ...
Offer rewards where possible. ...
Take care of your employees' financial contributions.

You can manage your employees with treat them polite and treat them as your behaviour with your sister and brother. Pay according to their services which they provide to you. Employee are the main asset of any business. Its a very difficult task to manage employees in business. All employees are not the same nature.

Each business is different. And so does the work that goes for the business. And the people hired in such business are also different. And so you have to learn to manage those sort of the employees. Handling people is one of the hardest job out there. And so managing business takes a lot of time.

Right theirs always different in any business, managing employees need such a wide supervision to all it will need to track always the performance of every employee if they improve either not or they lose intentions.

Your employees are to determine the status and the productivity of your business, you shouldn't treat them like slave but rather treat then like your in-law then they will treat your business like theirs.

Handling employees shouldn't be a difficult task as a manager. You should have learnt how to manage employees before you start the business or thought of employing people at all. Many people employ without knowing how to balance the structure.
[automerge]1611411439[/automerge]

Handling employees shouldn't be a difficult task as a manager. You should have learnt how to manage employees before you start the business or thought of employing people at all. Many people employ without knowing how to balance the structure.

To manage your employees in business is the most tough and technical skill.Managing people has never been an easy task, but the truth is that employees are the back bones of the business. you just have to keep them happy always then be rest guarantee that your business will keep moving to the front line.

Set clear expectations with your employees. Everyone should know their specific duties and goals, and you should regularly update your staff on changed company policies and new projects. Communicate clearly and directly about expectations, and provide clear benchmarks that allow employees to know if they're meeting expectations​

Handling employees is really a hard job but what I've learnt to do is handle everyone of them according to their personality and treat them with respect. That way you'll hardly have issues with them, also whenever they misbehave I call them up and we trash it out.
[automerge]1617351755[/automerge]

Handling employees is really a hard job but what I've learnt to do is handle everyone of them according to their personality and treat them with respect. That way you'll hardly have issues with them, also whenever they misbehave I call them up and we trash it out.

A good strategy that would help is knowing your employees, having a good compensation plan for them, periodic appraisal and rules and guidelines with sanctions to keep them in line, this way employer has a relationship with employees and can effectively manage them to provide efficient resources for the firm.

I handle my employee in my business in a kind of way the present their self to me and how dedicated they are to the job role giving to them. Some employee can be so hard to understand but I always like to give my employee more chance and opportunity to work with me so we could get to know each other better. And I always advice my employee to handle my business as their own as well.

A good strategy that would help is knowing your employees, having a good compensation plan for them, periodic appraisal and rules and guidelines with sanctions to keep them in line, this way employer has a relationship with employees and can effectively manage them to provide efficient resources for the firm.
You made some points about an employer managing the employees the best possible way. Creating conversation time with them, calling for meeting to discuss company's needs, priorities to be met, and being closer to your employees and putting guidelines that no one violates etc. Will make a manager to manage the workers effectively without qualms.

I work for a Logistics firm as an operation manager and managing track drivers are not easy, you pay them well but still, they steal fuel from their tracks. However much you pay they they'll still sell fuel from their tracks then calls yoi when they are 1000km away knowing very well you cannot reach them that moment so you have to send money to refill the tanks so that the transit goods reach the destination

You made some points about an employer managing the employees the best possible way. Creating conversation time with them, calling for meeting to discuss company's needs, priorities to be met, and being closer to your employees and putting guidelines that no one violates etc. Will make a manager to manage the workers effectively without qualms.
Yeah, this is called decentralized form of communication in a course I once studied. We have vertical, lateral, horizontal etc types of communication but decentralized is the best for administration and it's workers as it helps to gain information and handle workers effectively.

This is an excellent description by @Eodine , taking into account the compensation plan with its periodic evaluations. And certainly the closer you are to the employee the manager will have a better way to control their work actions in a positive way for the company.

First you must treatment our employees with some level of respect, that will give them a sense of belonging and help them to put in their very best in whatever they are told to do. Then you must be very sensitive about their welfare packages it must have an upward review from time to time.

There are various ways through which one can actually manage his employees. I believe when employees are well paid you tend to be able to manage them properly because that is the most important thing of every employee.

This is an excellent description by @Eodine , taking into account the compensation plan with its periodic evaluations. And certainly the closer you are to the employee the manager will have a better way to control their work actions in a positive way for the company.
Thanks for the vote of confidence, I learnt about this from a course I took some months ago, according to what was shared, the types of communication written in the books are not feasible for organization that wishes to carry out effective production.

Handling employees are restricted for Human Resources department. It is essential to provide a good enabling environment, compensation package and ensure learning & development for staff in order to attain the goals & objectives of the organisation. If these are put in place, no staff will search for another job.
[automerge]1617389708[/automerge]
Handling employees are restricted for Human Resources department. It is essential to provide a good enabling environment, compensation package and ensure learning & development for staff in order to attain the goals & objectives of the organisation. If these are put in place, no staff will search for another job.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds