Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How do you engage with your community?

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
As a discussion from my recent article: Starting a new forum in 2023 there is one tip that engagement is very important. Use this thread to summarize some keys in engaging with your community and how to do it efficiently. There are several ways to engage with your community and moderate your forum to ensure a positive atmosphere:

1. Participate in discussions: Regularly participate in discussions on your forum and respond to questions and feedback from members. This helps to show your commitment to the community and encourages others to do the same.
  2. Encourage positive behavior: Set clear rules and guidelines for appropriate behavior on your forum and enforce them consistently. Encourage positive behavior by rewarding and recognizing active and helpful members.
  3. Foster a sense of community: Encourage members to get to know each other and build relationships by hosting community-building events or activities, such as virtual meetups or games.
  4. Provide support: Offer support and assistance to members who need it, whether it's answering questions or providing resources and information.
  5. Address inappropriate behavior: If you see inappropriate or disruptive behavior on your forum, address it promptly and fairly. This can help to maintain a respectful and positive atmosphere for all members.

Post topics and reply to threads posted by users. I also respond to any suggestions and feedback on the forum too. I'd also address people who maybe breaking my simple to follow rules. I log in various times of the day to keep an eye on things.

As an owner of a forum, I always feel the best way to engage with my community is to sit and make new topics and also make replies to already existing topics to keep discussions flowing. People who visit your forum are going to want to see activity and if there isn't any of that then there is a high chance they will turn away from your forum. Also ensuring rules are abided by as well and ensuring that anyone who may be breaking rules or doing anything that may feel other members feel uncomfortable is dealt with in a polite and professional manner so as to not cause any major issues on the forums. Being active multiple times a day as well is always a wise idea to ensure everything is running smoothly.

I try and reply swiftly to help requests and I try to engage my own activity in nearly every topic I can. Some topics I just can't relate to though, so I hope to see member participation in those types of topics. I try to fulfill the user's needs based on their suggestions and requests. I don't deal much with inappropriate behavior on my board, but if I did, swift action would be taken to rectify it. It sometimes feels like my board gains more members than posts due to everyone wanting to view the resources, but when new members do come along and post I want to make them feel welcomed and at home.

Post topics and reply to threads posted by users. I also respond to any suggestions and feedback on the forum too. I'd also address people who maybe breaking my simple to follow rules. I log in various times of the day to keep an eye on things.

Interacting with other members is the way to go. When members see the forum owner also active on his or her forum, it will make them understand that such person is there to make things work.

I have seen some community where the owner barely engages in anything in the forum. It's not a good way to run a community in my opinion. You should create a few threads once in a while and also try to comment in other discussions.

I have seen some community where the owner barely engages in anything in the forum. It's not a good way to run a community in my opinion. You should create a few threads once in a while and also try to comment in other discussions.
True, I don't understand why they make the forum in the first place.

Agreed. I don't like when the owner hardly is active or engages with the community.

True, I don't understand why they make the forum in the first place.
Agreed. I don't like when the owner hardly is active or engages with the community.
I don't get it truly. I tell the one's that I'm close to that if you the forum owner isn't willing enough to be active on your forum in the first place, how can you expect others to do the same..?

As a discussion from my recent article: Starting a new forum in 2023 there is one tip that engagement is very important. Use this thread to summarize some keys in engaging with your community and how to do it efficiently. There are several ways to engage with your community and moderate your forum to ensure a positive atmosphere:

1. Participate in discussions: Regularly participate in discussions on your forum and respond to questions and feedback from members. This helps to show your commitment to the community and encourages others to do the same.
  2. Encourage positive behavior: Set clear rules and guidelines for appropriate behavior on your forum and enforce them consistently. Encourage positive behavior by rewarding and recognizing active and helpful members.
  3. Foster a sense of community: Encourage members to get to know each other and build relationships by hosting community-building events or activities, such as virtual meetups or games.
  4. Provide support: Offer support and assistance to members who need it, whether it's answering questions or providing resources and information.
  5. Address inappropriate behavior: If you see inappropriate or disruptive behavior on your forum, address it promptly and fairly. This can help to maintain a respectful and positive atmosphere for all members.

All 5 that you mentioned Cedric are super important to engaging with the community!

Participating in discussions is one of the biggest things that an admin can do! Some admins just hire out and they don't create content on their forum. This would not entice users to stick around or build a community vibe.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor