Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

🌐 Domain Insights How do you determine the price of a domain name?

For discussions focused on choosing, using, and managing domain names.

Shortie

Freelance Writer and Video Game Content Creator!
Retired Staff
Website
www.revillution.net
Credits
Buying domains, holding onto them and selling them also known as domain flipping is something that is quite popular, especially to those who tend to do a lot of domain flipping and fully understand the process to make a profit.

I have in the past considered domain flipping but the one thing that always put me off trying it was how to estimate how much a domain would be worth at the time I wanted to sell it.

How do you determine the price of a domain name? Is there a method or a site you can use?

I just use Godaddy's Domain Appraisal to determine how much a domain name is worth. I haven't sold any of my domains yet, I might in the future. It's a fun tool to use just to see how much your domains are worth even if you're not thinking of selling any of them.
Yeah, but the price that comes too doesn't mean it's worth that :) One of my Domains stating it's $2,374

End of the day it’s only worth what someone will pay for it. You can always put a higher value on it and invite people to make you an offer.

End of the day it’s only worth what someone will pay for it. You can always put a higher value on it and invite people to make you an offer.
This.

One's garbage is the other's goldmine.

The price of a domain name can vary based on factors like demand, length, keywords, and extension. There are websites like GoDaddy, Namecheap, Sedo, etc. that provide tools to estimate domain values. I feel it's always better to get help from professional domain appraisers to determine the worth of a domain name.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor