Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How can I move my baking business forward

You need to improve on the quality of your products. Bakery product is not a business that is delayed. If you have quality product it will be the product that will advertise itself due to good taste derived from the quality of the product.

Advertisement Placeholder
My niece is a part time baker because she has an office job. During the weekend she sells pastries and baked pasta to the neighborhood. For a new product she would give samples to the neighbors for tasting. By Friday night she would start baking to fulfill the orders of the neighbors. Her brother is helping in the delivery. Some customers are even requesting her to bake every day but she has no time. The distribution of sample products for tasting is a good marketing approach to the prospective customers.

You should offer something free, I mean get some random person to taste your products for free and have them tell you what they think as per taste and quality. In order words try to improve on your products to ensure they are of high quality and take their goods reviews about your products.

I have been having some challenges in my baking business because there no much people to place order and patronize me, apart from that i don't have a store yet, I work form home, although i try to advertise my business my self on Facebook and WhatsApp but no customer is coming forth, please i need your advice on this.
You should devote some time after a sale to reconnect with your customers. You can send them an email asking them if they enjoyed the cake they ordered. This is an opportunity for you to get feedback and also get a great testimonial which you can use for your social media or website by the way.
You could send them a voucher where they will get a discount for their next order, or you could simply send them monthly newsletters so that you will be on their mind often.

You have to improve on your marketing and networking, you need to advertise in area where you suppose your potential clients are and you also have to persuade them, you also need to improve on your products and albeit bring in new products lines.

What I can say is that I will advise you to make a investigation on your self in which to discover your weakness because making a advertising is not a priority. The first thing is to produce a quality product that will make a customer introduce your product to another customer as a good product, that is priority. Then, you have to make a promo for people to testify your quality product, also make a attractive and informative advertisment that will tell people why they must buy the product.

First thing is that you really need to look for location then I will say you should advertise insense like get a banner infront of your place then upload it on your social media or get a site for your baking business so that it can promote your business, the moment someone buy from you then you good to go

If you are into baking or catering business the best way to promote your business is to have portfolio of other works you have done online and stat sending it to prospect. Other social media platform you can easily land client is Twitter. You can make use of any trending topic on Twitter to advertise your products and services

It's not much difficult to move forward or to expand your business because baking business is a very good business. I can see that already have and already developed a great passion for your bakery. It will take far you'll see. The challenges are a learning curve for you. Get good hands for your bakery business also find out new bakeries and market your baked products.

Their are different ways in which your baking business move forward .you will make sure you use a quality material and then make it sweetable for the customer and make sure you have good transportation and include your self in advertising information.

I have been having some challenges in my baking business because there no much people to place order and patronize me, apart from that i don't have a store yet, I work form home, although i try to advertise my business my self on Facebook and WhatsApp but no customer is coming forth, please i need your advice on this.
I have a plan if you arrange some people who can tell your product and you will give them some percentage of your profit maybe they will ask me and throw this you can increase sale and told you then not need to store for a long time.

Internally, please get some random person to taste your products for free and have them tell you what they think as per taste and quality. In order words try to improve on your products to ensure they are of high quality.

It is very sad for hearing that. I would advise you to look for all the boys or girls that hawk inside traffic provided you resides in Nigeria and give them your products while they give the returns after sales. Also, you can do promo in your church/mosque.

To move your baking business forward and start getting client from all over is to go digital and expand your horizons, in doing that you will see how your business is moving to the next level and again to grow fast in offline you need to do the baking and give it out for free and ask for fault and what you can do that will satisfy your customer that both will be happy at the end. And doing that will attract more customers to you Offline.

In oder to gain more attention from the masses , you would have to sacrifice little product of yours in terms of promotion, by giving your targeted customers some of your products to have a taste of and leave a review, also give out discount to gain their attention, you would see that you will account for a positive changes in the business.

Think of new gimmicks that you think will attract more customers. You can have many sources, such as youtube, google etc. Get ideas. Customers, if they find something new, or you have just released something new (flavor or appearance of the bread you are selling) they will be curious. They will try to buy a little first, and if they like it, they will enjoy it, and there is a possibility that they will persuade others to buy at your bakery.

Maybe you ain't making proper use of Facebook and other social media platforms. Create an online store with Shopify, create channels on telegram where you advertise your products. Another important aspect is making sure your products are unique.

There are a lot of ways to improve your baking business, either through your skills, equipments, marketing, packaging, etc. You should ask yourself if you're skillful enough for people to patronise you, invest in yourself, watch YouTube videos of experienced bakers, read ebooks, attend a catering school. Get good appliances too, good ovens and baking pans will definitely improve your business, improve on your branding and advertisement, make good use of the social media.

Don't give up because of these challenges you mentioned, it is just a phase that will pass. Keep improving yourself, make sure you are committed to continuous learning this will keep your customers satisfied when they eventually start coming in.
You can as well check out your competitions, find out what they are doing differently, this will help you keep up with the trends.

1. Store Merchandising

The art of displaying or presenting the cakes and bakery products does half of your sale. Display your exclusive products in such a way that it appeals the customer and forces them to purchase the same. After all, nothing comes above yummy and tasty food (cakes). Create an interactive ambience, such as you can come up with story form/ art painted on walls to increase the engagement and stay time in store

2. Photo Zone:

A dedicated photo zone should be there with proper branding i.e. logo, tagline and images relevant to baked products should be kept. You can insist the customers to click the images with cakes and the chef and give it to them as a memory. You can also ask them to post the same on social media.

3. Trending Theme Cake:

Customized cakes and Theme cakes are trending in market, First Birthday, Engagement, 1st month anniversary, fashion freak, Sports lover, etc whatever customization comes to you make sure you give your special touch to differentiate from competitors.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds