Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How can a manager enforce discipline at workplace?

A manager can enforce discipline in slot of ways, but he needs to start from himself first, he has to be disciplined and also be a very good example to follow by all, if the manager is disciplined his work in enforcing discipline will be minimal, he has to strictly abide by the companies rules and regulations too
I believe that there are rules and regulations that are guiding any business setup for a company which the manager can always tap into and enforce discipline on whatever the staffs do in the company.

Advertisement Placeholder
First , the employer needs to live by example through treating his employees with love and respect . Secondly , he needs also to establish rules and regulations guiding the operations in the company ,in order to control employees through it
If you are the manager of your company you should try as much as you can't always avoid getting into sexual relationship with your work as otherwise it is going to be very difficult for you to enforce discipline in the company.

Rules and regulations must be well stated in the workplace. The manager exert discipline by punishing offenders and also by leading by example.

Rules and regulations must be well stated in the workplace. The manager exert discipline by punishing offenders and also by leading by example.
Rules and regulations must be enforced on consistent basis in order to ensure discipline at all times. However, a good manager must always consider if there are acceptable and valid reasons that could have caused such behaviour.

I think there should be zero tolerance policy in the workplace for the workers not behaving well. The employer should not tolerate indiscipline in the workplace. It will led to inefficiency.

Rules and regulations must be enforced on consistent basis in order to ensure discipline at all times. However, a good manager must always consider if there are acceptable and valid reasons that could have caused such behaviour.
You are right. Careful follow up must to done to determine the cause and due treatment must follow. A good manager must have known this already, he can't just react immediately.

As a manager of an organization, a lot lies in your hand, how you want the business to run and the turn out all is your hand, so as a manager ensure you have principles that can enhance maximum productivity of the organization also to ensure proper discipline you as a person must be disciplined
As long as there is an already existing rules and regulation of how the company is operated, I believe that it is going to be very easy for you to copy and implement those rules in order to have discipline in the company.

A manager can enforce discipline in slot of ways, but he needs to start from himself first, he has to be disciplined and also be a very good example to follow by all, if the manager is disciplined his work in enforcing discipline will be minimal, he has to strictly abide by the companies rules and regulations too
As long as you're not messing up in the company as the manager the workers will always look up to you and see how you behave and as well they will do the same thing.

I've actually seen a lot of calm people who are known for their strong disciplinary measures; I for one I'm also a calm person.
The way to go about is to have standards and never for anyone or any reason lower it; that way, everyone would follow suit.

Well by trying to be strict and you should also have a healthy relationship with your workers and try to motivate them.to work and pay them.without delay

Creating of rules and regulation should be the best thing that you are going to do and also the first thing. You should also collectively decide punishment that is going to be given for people who are going to be found one thing of this offence is.

I agree that a manager should be mild when talking about the performance or for a mistake or misdemeanor in the workplace. Diplomacy never fails, as the saying goes. However, I have encountered stubborn employees who would be defying the manager in spite of the polite reprimand. In that case the weapon is suspension. If the employee is suspended for a day that means he lost an income for 1 day and the succeeding suspension can be one week that can lead to termination.

Yes, I agree that the manager should be moderate and they should focus on maintaining the balance when it comes to distributing work. I think this way they will not make employees think that manager is being unfair. Distributing work fairly is also important.

Two months ago, 10% of my wages was cut because I came late to work on more than three occasions that month. Of course I was livid with anger and I stormed into my manager's office to demand an explanation.

My manager is a friendly type but she never flout any of the rules she set aside for all the staffs. She never came late for once all through the month.

A manager can set rules but he/she must abide by all the rules. Then the staffs will comply and will have no cause to grumble whenever they are punished for flouting the rules.

To enforce discipline at work place, there should be set rules and regulations that govern the employees behavior during work, and these rules and regulations should strictly adhered to. Anyone that fails to follow the rules and regulations shuld be disciplined accordingly.

1. Suspension or sack should be imposed on any workers that go beyond the rules and regulations of the company.
2. Any hardworking person should be rewarded for his or her job well done.
3. Promotion should be a key to a honest,kind, patriotic, hardworking and obedient person at work.

As a manager in any organization, you yourself must be disciplined and not be bias anywhere you are, a Manager must always pay attention no matter what to it's staffs and coworkers

I think the manager needs to be more serious about he job at first ,and also lay promotion and job ranking ,so they would be more disciplined inorder to grow their rank

As a manager of an organization, a lot lies in your hand, how you want the business to run and the turn out all is your hand, so as a manager ensure you have principles that can enhance maximum productivity of the organization also to ensure proper discipline you as a person must be disciplined

The manager must first lead by example to inspire employees and maintain a suitable reputation in the company. At the same time, have all supervisors in every department adhere to the rules.

Before a manager can successful enforce discipline , he or she must first be a disciplined man, be practicing and following the rules and regulation of the company , then he can enforce the rules on his subordinates.
Enforce zero tolerance for any action that is not approved in your workplace.
Suspend or sack misbehaving employees.
Reward hardworking employees with promotion.
There should be rules and regulations to follow in your work place.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds