Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Hiring an assistant

If your business requires you to do that, and you feel you need one to assist you reduce the burden of labour then you can employ one to help you out.

Advertisement Placeholder
It is important as a business owner to employee and assistance because you cannot do all the work alone, sometimes the workload is too much and you might need assistance to run some errands.

Does anyone here hire an assistant to help with their smaller tasks? I am considering it, as I could use some extra help with small tasks. I tend to forget about the smaller things as well, so I think it's time.

What are your thoughts on hiring an assistant? Would you ever do it?
Hiring an assistant can be a good idea if you are able to afford it and also if you are able to have a large amount of tasks that you cannot handle. Other than that i think that you should try managing on your own. When you find an assistant you have to make sure to find someone good that completes the work at a good standard that you are happy with and therefore this is not a process that can be rushed.

You might reach that stage in business where the work load just becomes too much and you can't keep up. It is then best that you look for a worthy assistant to share the work.
[automerge]1624433808[/automerge]
The business is more likely to experience a stage of growth and the staff would not be able to handle it so you should look to hire an assistant to help with it.

Last edited:
I don't see anything wrong with getting an assistance for your business when you are not able to perform all the business activities alone you really need to hire someone you can really trust with your business responsibility.

When the workload is much on me, then hiring an assistant will be an option for me to consider, since the assistant will help ease the workload on me.

Hiring an assistant is by choice, if you need the extra hand and you have the required resources to train and pay them, then go ahead. And every business would grow to a stage that one person alone might not be able to handle it all effectively. Therefore helping hands are needed.

If I find my task are becoming too much for me alone to be handling, the common sense thing to do is to go get yourself an assistant. One you know is equal to the task you're assigning him

I would probably only trust family with something like this.
An assistant will be getting into your business, literally, and you just need to ask yourself who you would really trust with all that, esp. the $$
The only assistant I would trust would be my dad, and maybe my niece when she gets a little older.
I already trust her with everything. She’s the only person who truly knows everything about me.
I think she was like a gift 🎁 ..from my brother.

My thoughts on if one is intending to hire an assistant is that you should hire someone you have properly vetted and sure to not become your assistant to come and ruine your business

I mostly hire virtual assistant. I offer jobs related to social media marketing, blog commenting, article writing etc. My pay rate depends on the kind of jobs.

Does anyone here hire an assistant to help with their smaller tasks? I am considering it, as I could use some extra help with small tasks. I tend to forget about the smaller things as well, so I think it's time.

What are your thoughts on hiring an assistant? Would you ever do it?
I don't do it yet , but I think hiring an assistant will be a must if your business is growing so it is better someone who trust him as a familly member or friend

An assistant will take notes at important meetings in addition to their other responsibilities and can act as a central hub of company communication. This resource is incredibly beneficial when dealing with several clients, answering questions for prospects, and streamlining schedules within the company.
The job of an assistant at any organisation cannot be overemphasize as their work is always going to be relevant to any business manager as they do a lot of things to assist the business manager in his or her work or piloting the affairs of the organisation.

There is nothing wrong with hiring and assistance to help you in whatever you are doing ,but an assistant should be someone you really trust because it is not the best for you to hire someone you do not know.

Hiring an assistant at work helps to relieves you from the burden of many work load that might slow down the progress of the business. You can reduce you work by delegating some of your duties to your assistant, this will allow you to attends to more important issues at work without any distraction.

I have hired a lot of people to work on small tasks on micro job sites. I have also hired a lot of people via forums and freelance marketplace. Usually, I spend about $3k per year hiring assistants.
Hiring and assistance in the marketplace is very ok if you are only going to have a lot of customers do I need an assistance to help you to sales

Of course if you have any reasonable business and you will do need people you definitely need to hire an assistant who will be helping you in carrying out small tasks.

I don't think there is need for any serious assistance in that way, I just believe you can hire someone that you are related to as they will be the best people to offer you the best assistance or maybe a trusted friend

There is nothing wrong with hiring and assistance to help you in whatever you are doing ,but an assistant should be someone you really trust because it is not the best for you to hire someone you do not know.
I agree with the trust which is very important particularly with online work. An assistant has to know the password of the account that the business is using like a website for an e-commerce. If the assistant is not trustworthy then he may use the password for his evil intention. He can change the password without your knowledge.

I agree with the trust which is very important particularly with online work. An assistant has to know the password of the account that the business is using like a website for an e-commerce. If the assistant is not trustworthy then he may use the password for his evil intention. He can change the password without your knowledge.
Sometimes it is not necessary for the assistance to know the password of the account the business is using, but they are trusted enough for them to handle large sum of money, except it is a well trusted family member or friend.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds