Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Hiring an assistant

Hiring an assistant is quite a necessary one when it comes to a tedious job because as human you can't handle all activities by yourself and even if you have computers and other devices to make the work easier you will still need some able hands to keep the system running.
I would hire an assistant if the work load becomes enormous for just me to handle. Most business people even have virtual assistants. It helps reduce drudgery in businesses.

Advertisement Placeholder
Hiring an assistant can be worth it if you can afford it. Delegating smaller tasks can help you focus more on developing your business further and an assistant whose main focus would be the smaller tasks could actually do them more effectively.

Hiring someone to assistant you in business is really good if actually the business is a big one, you can hire someone but if is a small one I think you can run it on yourself.

no, I didn't hire an assistant because I don't need a business. I have an employee who works physically and sells the products and I take care of the rest ... supply, accounting, etc. I learned, I started to like it and you still do it out of need, not just for pleasure. :)

Hiring an assistant can be worth it if you can afford it. Delegating smaller tasks can help you focus more on developing your business further and an assistant whose main focus would be the smaller tasks could actually do them more effectively.
True in terms of most big companies, I have seen situations where the employees are given the right to hire an assistant but they would be the ones to pay these assistants not the company. What do you think about this?

This is true. Assistants can help in executing smaller tasks while you can play a supervisory role. It will enable business processes to be completed on time while freeing up time for other tasks.

I have work as an assistant to my friends who were operating online businesses, however, I have no experience with hiring assistant as I do not have any businesses that need extra hands.

True in terms of most big companies, I have seen situations where the employees are given the right to hire an assistant but they would be the ones to pay these assistants not the company. What do you think about this?
Interesting, this is a phenomenon I haven't heard about before. In my reply I was mostly thinking about running a small business. In the situation you are talking about, it only seems fair if the workload is manageable for one employee but the employee prefers to work less. If they feel the need to hire an assistant because the workload is too heavy, it should be on the company to deal with the issue.

Interesting, this is a phenomenon I haven't heard about before. In my reply I was mostly thinking about running a small business. In the situation you are talking about, it only seems fair if the workload is manageable for one employee but the employee prefers to work less. If they feel the need to hire an assistant because the workload is too heavy, it should be on the company to deal with the issue.
True, this is how is down in most cases, like where I schooled, the HOD for computer science actually hired me to be his assistant, and I was assisting him in his office but I was not under the school directly which means I don't have to answer to the school but to him alone, and he is the one to pay. There are also other staff as well in the school who have hired assistant as well.

Does anyone here hire an assistant to help with their smaller tasks? I am considering it, as I could use some extra help with small tasks. I tend to forget about the smaller things as well, so I think it's time.

What are your thoughts on hiring an assistant? Would you ever do it?
As a business owner once you realise that is very difficult for you to manage your business all by yourself then it's very necessary that you hire an assistant to assist you to do the job perfectly.

It is always very important to have an assistant because they will help you with smaller tasks in the business environment. Sometimes you may not be feeling too well and they will help you out with the office work. This is why you see a lot of people who work in the office always have assistants.

When the work you a doing is too much to handle alone , then hiring an assistance is the best solution, and the job of the assistance is to help you and report directly to you.
It is always very important to have an assistant because they will help you with smaller tasks in the business environment. Sometimes you may not be feeling too well and they will help you out with the office work. This is why you see a lot of people who work in the office always have assistants.

When the work you a doing is too much to handle alone , then hiring an assistance is the best solution, and the job of the assistance is to help you and report directly to you.
The importance of an assistance cannot be overestimated in terms of running a business. That is the main reason why so many businesses hire people who are competent enough to run their businesses. In that case even when the business owner is not available there are people that can successfully manage the business.

The hiring an assistant is probably one of the best decisions that you can be able to do because it is going to help you to organise your work as well as help you to focus on things that really matter.

no, I didn't hire an assistant because I don't need a business. I have an employee who works physically and sells the products and I take care of the rest ... supply, accounting, etc. I learned, I started to like it and you still do it out of need, not just for pleasure. :)
I quite understand your point , since you dont have a business of your own , there's no point hiring an assistant , and that's why we said that not everybody needed to start a business because some are already contented with what they are earning.

Does anyone here hire an assistant to help with their smaller tasks? I am considering it, as I could use some extra help with small tasks. I tend to forget about the smaller things as well, so I think it's time.

What are your thoughts on hiring an assistant? Would you ever do it?
One thing about running a business is that you should be able to ask yourself if the task that you will be deligating is actually neccesary to an assistant to handle,and the finance to pay the wages of the assistant.else you will just have to multitask.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds