Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Hierarchy vs 'Open door policy' businesses

Well for me I think the open door policy is better than the hierarchy own, with hierarchy it's possible for ideas to get claimed and credits not given to who it is due

Advertisement Placeholder
Both has it disadvantages and advantages. Now in a working environment where hierarchy is in play, it brings about orderliness in the workplace and a standard procedure for work flow. If care is not taken place, it could also lead to abuse of power by those at the top. As for open body work place, its great, it means you see everyone as equal and you respect everyone's opinion. This would create a great working place where everyone is at ease and feel at home but if care is not taken place, it could lead to disorderliness and misuse of rights.

This kind of companies are just being careful that this ideas that come to their desk are one that can impact the company. It is the ideal thing.

Open door policy is very good in business as it gives the employees a sense of belonging to what is happening in the company. Hierarchy policies takes and waste a lot of time to achieve and it sometimes makes employees feels neglected in policy makings.

The thing Is that in large organizations there is always a large employees and as such it is only proper that you will have to follow a built up Chanel.

Having an open door policy really helps to boost the strength of the company. Instead of going to the normal hierarchy, when a potential employee would be recruited for the business and he has managing power for better post, he should be given the post irrespective of his length of service.

If a low level staff has to follow the chain of commands to get approval for doing something, it can delay the work, which will result in loss of revenue. I think there has to be some mechanism that quickens the process so that decision can be taken abruptly.

If a low level staff has to follow the chain of commands to get approval for doing something, it can delay the work, which will result in loss of revenue. I think there has to be some mechanism that quickens the process so that decision can be taken abruptly.
Quickening the process has been a concern for many businesses and following a chain of communication does slow this down quite considerably. However, if there was a way to expedite the process there is also the chance that people may start to take advantage of the system and as a result the managers and owner's time can be wasted on trivial ideas that may not see any reward within the company. I think that perhaps in order to expedite the process there needs to be a sort of team to sieve through these ideas, and they should allocate it accordingly or expedite when needed.

It depends on what you hope to achieve, do you want to be feared or you want to be respected,there could be a threat but someone can't pass information to you because of chain of command

Organisation are structured in such ways as to conform with their policy. Either heirachy or open door policy has their own merits. Heirachy makes people to be focused and discipline and respect authority,while open door policy makes staffs have a sense of belonging.

I prefers open door policy in business. Open door policy gives everyone or staff working in the business establishment a sense of belonging i n the activities of the business.

Is a very good business because companies operate such business because is very lucrative, hierarchy business is really a good one.

It's best the door opening duty should be assigned to a particular person, this will help in putting a stop to such debates in the workplace.

I think the open door policy should be embraced more than the hierarchy policy in an organization. With this method a lot of employees will be able to share their research and idea with top commands

Hierarchy in an organization should be identified but it is unrealistic for Managers or Superiors to be cohesive, not giving heed or allow employees contribute their quota opinions. I believe a true leader is one who creates group power, being coactive rather than expressing personal power.

There are many companies that work on the hierarchy basis, whereby if you have an idea or a concern then there are channels that you have to follow in the chain of command in order for your idea to be heard by those in charge. There are other companies that employ an open door policy whereby if you have an idea you can easily just enter the office of one of the higher ranks in the company and pitch your idea to them if they are available. This promotes open communication and to a large extent, in my opinion, also provides a lot of motivation to the workers as well which is important in maintaining morale and ensuring high work quality.

Furthermore, sometimes running an idea up the chain of command can result in the idea either becoming distorted o stealing credit from the one that actually thought about it.

What is your opinion and preference on these two styles?
I think the use of hierrachy is very important in an organiation when information and ideas ae to be channeled to the appropriate authority,it shows cordination and respect for chain of command.

I prefer operating an open door policy instead of hierarchy in my business. Open door policy promotes expression of creativity and ideas as any staff can easily contribute positively at anytime. Hierarchy requires protocols and it might take time before a business idea finally reaches the manager or CEO.

Well I actually prefer you to stick with the hierarchy structure because it makes things easier and makes people realize their class because everyone in the society has a class

There are many companies that work on the hierarchy basis, whereby if you have an idea or a concern then there are channels that you have to follow in the chain of command in order for your idea to be heard by those in charge. There are other companies that employ an open door policy whereby if you have an idea you can easily just enter the office of one of the higher ranks in the company and pitch your idea to them if they are available. This promotes open communication and to a large extent, in my opinion, also provides a lot of motivation to the workers as well which is important in maintaining morale and ensuring high work quality.

Furthermore, sometimes running an idea up the chain of command can result in the idea either becoming distorted o stealing credit from the one that actually thought about it.

What is your opinion and preference on these two styles?
I prefer the hierarchy system.
I think things would be done more orderly if this system is in place.
A report can be made to a higher authority who takes it up to the highest authority.

Well I actually prefer you to stick with the hierarchy structure because it makes things easier and makes people realize their class because everyone in the society has a class
To add to what you have said, I think it also helps in preventing workers from being hostile and doing whatever it takes just to be on top, or what do you think?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds