Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Helpful tips to help you run your business better.

Running a business is not easy and anyone who really wants to be successful in business must be very disciplined and they know how to manage his finances.

Advertisement Placeholder
If you're running a business, you probably get stressed a lot.

Coupled with the fact that you have to make a lot of decisions,

It's almost always like a thousand things are happening at once, and you have no control over them.

Here are a few tips that can help you manage this

1. Always plan your days ahead.

Now, when you make a lot of decisions, you brain gets tired.

It's called "Decision Fatigue."

That's why you're always frustrated, when you can't find what to wear.

You have to significantly reduce the amount of decisions you make everyday.
When you have a schedule, it gives you some control over what happens next.

So, you have less decisions to make.

I write down my plans by 11pm - just before I go to bed.

Have you ever been at that point where you're asking "So what next?"

Exactly.

2. Be self aware.

Whenever you feel lost/confused,

Ask yourself "why".

This would help you get to the root of those emotions, thereby giving you control.

A book that helped with this is: *"The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck"*

3. Practice Discipline.

Now, self-confidence is a big factor.

When you lack discipline, your mind knows you're doing something wrong. So, you naturally feel less of yourself.But, when you are disciplined (at least to some extent), you feel good. Your confidence levels go up, and this helps you to make even better decisions.

4. Try and exercise.
Well said. I like your point. And the most important point her is No. 3 on self-discipline. That is the greatest and most important thing you need to succeed in life and in business.

The best way to be productive in the office and make the work hitch free is to always plan ahead. With this single method you will know what to do at the right time

The best way to be productive in the office and make the work hitch free is to always plan ahead. With this single method you will know what to do at the right time
Planning ahead goes well with the work schedule and time management. When you have a plan the workload is distributed for the whole day. That would make it easier to do the work because you have a direction to follow on which task to do in the morning and which task to do in the afternoon.

It's almost always like a thousand things are happening at once, and you have no control over them.

Exactly.

2. Be self aware.

Ask yourself "why".

This would help you get to the root of those emotions, thereby giving you control.

3. Practice Discipline.

When you lack discipline, your mind knows you're doing something wrong. So, you naturally feel less of yourself.But, when you are disciplined (at least to some extent), you feel good. Your confidence levels go up, and this helps you to make even better decisions.

4. Try and exercise.
Well out of all the list that you have actually mention I think this evening is one of those areas that I am lacking a lot in because I'm just kind of a person that when I get some money I would like to buy one or two things that I think that I need and at the end of the day the money you get exhausted.

Planning should be the hallmark of business owners. We should write our aims and objectives and how to achieve it almost everyday. This will serve as a guidance and motivation for us and in return help us to imbibe in all what we can do to make our business boom.
This is actually one of the hallmark of a good and sucessful business strategic plan,because you actually need something to work with,and that is a well articulate plan on where you want the business to go as well as the directtion of the organisation in trems of service dilivery and profit.

This is definitely a good idea from you on how to make a business successful. Planning ones day ahead of the day is the best way to make proper planning for the business

Every one who is into business needs to basically plan how the company will be managed,very important you can only execute all plans if you are discipline

Every one who is into business needs to basically plan how the company will be managed,very important you can only execute all plans if you are discipline
About from planning There are a lot of other things one need to consider in business especially depending on the type of business one is going into. In general have a good understanding of the business you are dealing with.

The first thing I'll say is to have polite and health communication approach to your customers, always avoid the urge of taking excessive loan with high interest attached, also try to utilize your intellect and be innovative.

Having a business requires a whole lot work, plan and dedication towards it, to help your business go smoothly you have to plan you day ahead each day this will be easier with a to-do list done a day before each day

Exactly.

2. Be self aware.

Ask yourself "why".

3. Practice Discipline.

4. Try and exercise.
If I must commend this is the best article thread posted for us to know how to run our businesses well for those that have one for now and for those that don't have at the moment I hope we all have learned one or two things though.

Yban

Exactly.

2. Be self aware.

Ask yourself "why".

3. Practice Discipline.

4. Try and exercise.
Thanks for the wonderful piece. I will save it to my archive it will be very useful for me. Starting a new business is without discipline is bound to fail.

Thanks for sharing those tips. I have to say that the first too has helped me a lot especially when I discovered that there are times I would have put those things in mind but by the end of the day they remain undone. Writing them down has helped a great deal.
I learnt this while I was in school. Was told to write down targets for myself then after the day I should go back and check what I have achieved, it helped me a lot

Thank you for this. People should understand that planning is always the most important thing when they are thinking of going into a business because without proper planning it will be very difficult for you to organise a business properly. you have to know the type of business that will be lucrative in the location you are sitting the business.

I think creating an important plan and executing it at the right time is the key to success and unfortunately, most people actually fail in this department. Making important plans is not everyone's cup of tea. Moreover, plans do not always make things go the way we want.

To succeed in business today, you need to be flexible and have good planning and organizational skills. Many people start a business thinking that they’ll turn on their computers or open their doors and start making money, only to find that making money in a business is much more difficult than they thought.

Exactly.

2. Be self aware.

Ask yourself "why".

3. Practice Discipline.

4. Try and exercise.
Very good one,one thing that has always been going for me is the ability for me to plan ahead of time,this has been a routine whenever i am doin anything,because i don't like making mistakes while doing things in a hurry.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds