Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Help: I need to modify the template of posts.

Mike30

Renowned member
Bronze Member
Credits
I am trying to add an icon around the "Like" area on posts on a Xenforo forum. What's the template I need to modify?

Attachments

• like-addon- 2023-10-22 - 09-25-31.jpg
    like-addon- 2023-10-22 - 09-25-31.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 11
Can you give an image of what you mean? The "like" link on the posts and such already have an icon next to them by default (thumbs up). Are you wanting to change that icon? Or are you talking the box that actually pops up with your options? Or are you referring to the area that shows the likes the post may have gotten (that could get confusing)?
A screenshot with the area highlighted would be helpful.

Can you give an image of what you mean? The "like" link on the posts and such already have an icon next to them by default (thumbs up). Are you wanting to change that icon? Or are you talking the box that actually pops up with your options? Or are you referring to the area that shows the likes the post may have gotten (that could get confusing)?
A screenshot with the area highlighted would be helpful.
I would like to add an icon on the left side of the "Like" icon

I would like to add an icon on the left side of the "Like" icon
You taking about this one?

Screen Shot 2023-10-22 at 12.55.23 PM.png

It already uses the :beforeCSS/LESS, so I'd have to look at the templates to find it... and about to leave to take my wife to celebrate her birthday so it would be later.

The thumb icon itself is controlled by .reaction.reaction--imageHidden.reaction--1 i:before LESS code.

You taking about this one?

View attachment 2527

It already uses the :beforeCSS/LESS, so I'd have to look at the templates to find it... and about to leave to take my wife to celebrate her birthday so it would be later.

The thumb icon itself is controlled by .reaction.reaction--imageHidden.reaction--1 i:before LESS code.
What I need is to add a piece of html code with an icon on the left of the "Like" icon.

That's different than adding a simple icon. It's going to be done in the post_macros template I'm pretty sure.
You may have to get into developer mode to see the XF default core templates as there are some that don't show by default, and modifying those get over-written I believe upon an upgrade so you would need to try to address it by a TMS edit most likely.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor