Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you promoted your sites on Rumble?

Ravenfreak

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
I've been thinking about opening a Rumble account and using it to promote my websites. I'm not sure how effective it'll be, I know it's not as big as Youtube is but a good number of people have signed up on Rumble and upload videos to their platform. Has anyone here used Rumble to promote their websites? If so, how did it go? Did you get a good amount of traffic?

Nope but Rumble is a great alternative if you don't want to support YouTube or want supplemental promotion. Rumble is not as big but it is the biggest YouTube competitor and while a lot of the audience crosses over, Rumble has a lot of people who don't go to YouTube too.

Another good one is Odysee.

Does rumble require a subscription for the removal of pesky advertisements? Or is it not as bad a YT?

What is Rumble? :ROFLMAO:
A video streaming platform that is anti-censorship. They won't demonetize you for saying something that goes against the latest propaganda. No shadow banning.

That's its main niche. As already stated, another good one that is also pretty big is Odysee. That one is based on blockchain.

A video streaming platform that is anti-censorship. They won't demonetize you for saying something that goes against the latest propaganda. No shadow banning.
Yep, knew what it was... was being sarcastic and replying how a segment of the world that doesn't worry about that kind of stuff would. ;)

Rumble has around 3-5% of YT's base of active users.

Yep, knew what it was... was being sarcastic and replying how a segment of the world that doesn't worry about that kind of stuff would. ;)

Rumble has around 3-5% of YT's base of active users.
I see. Went over my head, I guess.

As far as YT is concerned, it is by far the biggest but I feel a large chunk of their userbase are bots. How is it possible that people can have 10 million subscribers but barely get any engagement?

How is it possible that people can have 10 million subscribers but barely get any engagement?
I'm a user of YouTube... and I rarely engage in any commentary on the videos or like/dislike them, nor do I "click on the bell".
And I'm pretty sure I'm not an atypical user of that service. Most go there to simply watch videos.

Is rumble popular enough to be worth promoting a site through it? Frankly it seems to be more in need of the support.

I'm a user of YouTube... and I rarely engage in any commentary on the videos or like/dislike them, nor do I "click on the bell".
And I'm pretty sure I'm not an atypical user of that service. Most go there to simply watch videos.
But having low views too. I noticed a lot of the really big YouTubers have tens of millions of followers but outside of a viral video here and there they struggle to get much viewership in relation to their followers. It doesn't make sense.

Pewdiepie has 111 million viewers and in the past month his largest viewed video is a paltry 5.4 million views. 2-3 million views is the norm for all the recent stuff he does. He should be getting like 20-50 million views.

Pewdiepie has 111 million viewers and in the past month his largest viewed video is a paltry 5.4 million views. 2-3 million views is the norm for all the recent stuff he does. He should be getting like 20-50 million views.
Could it be that they oversaturated their target audience and those users have gone on to other things?

Could it be that they oversaturated their target audience and those users have gone on to other things?
I think so too. His original audience is what made him big and most of them probably moved on.

I think so too. His original audience is what made him big and most of them probably moved on.
It's the vagaries of the interwebz.. honestly, all one can hope to do is continue to provide pertinent data (specifically) in a fora format for most. I seriously doubt those "social media whores" are visiting fora sites.
In todays age.. one has to resolve oneself to one of two points. Do you want to pursue activity at the cost of quality, or does one choose to provide quality at the cost of activity? I'm blessed with the ability to be able to support my site with NO outside intervention for financial support. Not all are able to do that. And to take that a step further, not all of those that run sites have qualitative data to support their sites. I honestly am not surprised when BS "chit-chat" areas fail but niche specific ones gain traffic.

I tried Rumble, it isn't terrible, but the interfaces feels like 90s web design again. I also had very poor results and the cross posting thing is broken last I checked.

I seriously doubt those "social media whores" are visiting fora sites.
No they don't.. They don't have time to do that. Making content is one thing. Processing content is another which takes much more time than the actual content creation. So that's all they do. There's no time for additional forums and have a healthy balance between life and work.

As far as promotion goes, I think Rumble would be great depending on the subject. Some subjects will get more hits than others. I know some creators that have less subscribers by a lot than on their YouTube channel but get just as many views and far more engagement.

Having a bigger audience is great but the downfall of such a massive userbase is there is more competition which drowns you out more. You could cater to a niche that has lots of videos on YT(thus no one ever sees it even when searching for it) but not necessarily a lot of videos of said niche on Rumble which could get you more exposure on Rumble.

YouTube has sucked for a long time, they push corporate junk and influencer junk over creators and the algorithm sucks. I miss old YouTube. That's one thing these alternative video streaming platforms(PeerTube, Odysee, etc) really do well is it feels like YouTube of old(circa 2006-2008) where they really pushed user created content hard. You just had ordinary people talking about what they were interested in.

Last edited:
What is the purpose of promoting your site on a video sharing site? To bring traffic? To bring sales? I do not think you would be successful in your goal, no matter what video sharing site you use.

Well if you have a halfway decent video about something and prominently use a forum as a resource for it, anyone engaging with the video has some sort of incentive to take a look. It's a matter of tact of course, sheer ads will not go well. Even appearing in the description of a heavily browsed video on youtube is liable to get eyes and if nothing else potentially enhance your search standing. I don't think Rumble would be as good at this but if the engagement is what Neo says then maybe it will do the trick if the right audience aligns.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest