Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you kept in touch with past co-workers?

Grant

Captain Junkie
Credits
When you quit, or a co-worker quits, sometimes you lose touch with said people. Have you kept in touch with past co-workers? I have kept in contact with most people I worked for in the past, well aside from the call center I worked. There was a guy who wanted to hang out with me, but I wasn't interested in hanging out with this guy at all. His personality just didn't meld with mine. Anyway, if you've kept in touch, how has it been for you all?

Advertisement Placeholder
When you quit, or a co-worker quits, sometimes you lose touch with said people. Have you kept in touch with past co-workers? I have kept in contact with most people I worked for in the past, well aside from the call center I worked. There was a guy who wanted to hang out with me, but I wasn't interested in hanging out with this guy at all. His personality just didn't meld with mine. Anyway, if you've kept in touch, how has it been for you all?

I have encountered many horrible co-workers. So, no I have never remained in touch with any of them. Co-workers are NOT your friends. People must try to understand this. They do not belong in that category at all. many people mix these two categories and they end up regretting.

I have not kept in touch with my past co-workers even when we had exchanged phone numbers and become friends on social media. Even though I am friends with some of my past co-workers on various social media I do not interact much with these people

I have keep in touch with past workers before but I didn't go back to the work place, even when they called me back to work with them.

I've mostly kept in touch with all of my WFH friends, even the ones right from the beginning when I was first getting started. I met a majority of them on wahm.com and myLot. We were all after the same thing. 🙂

I've mostly kept in touch with all of my WFH friends, even the ones right from the beginning when I was first getting started. I met a majority of them on wahm.com and myLot. We were all after the same thing. 🙂

It is always very easy for you to keep in contact with those people whom you have the same objective and agenda with because you people will always be there to help one another in situation whereby there is something which is very difficult for you to take care of. Those whom you already worked with will always be in a better position to assist you.

Being able to keep in touch with my past co-worker is only going to depend on the kind of relationship that we had when we were working together in the same company because if we we are not that close, I don't have any reason to keep in touch with that person.

I never intended to remain in touch with my co-workers. This is because majority of them were not my well-wishers at all. They were mostly looking for opportunities to bring me down. This is why I never wanted to remain in contact with them. This also happens in most of the work places.

I have no past coworker as I have never been an employee of any sort but I do have business partners and even though we are done with whatever project we had, we still keep in touch because of future unforseen situations.

Yes I can do that with some co-workers but not all some I felt they were the kind of people that were moving towards the Direction I was and so I kept in touch

Yes I can do that with some co-workers but not all some I felt they were the kind of people that were moving towards the Direction I was and so I kept in touch

There are many people who keep or maintain contact with their co-workers, even after they leave the company. This is because they may need them at certain point in life. They may be really helpful to them. This is why they might think that they should remain in touch with them for a long time.

There are many people who keep or maintain contact with their co-workers, even after they leave the company. This is because they may need them at certain point in life. They may be really helpful to them. This is why they might think that they should remain in touch with them for a long time.
In my last place of work, I left there and since then I have not picked up their calls, it was due to personal reasons because it's not that they offended me or anything I'm just playing at something. But aside from this place I just left every other place I have been to keep in touch till date. i even left one home a day ago.

Yes, I have kept in touch. I do not consider it a big deal not relating with a former staff. Are we enemies? Absolutely not! So, I don't see any reason why I won't be talking with a former staff when they stopped working at the place that I work.

Yes, I have kept in touch. I do not consider it a big deal not relating with a former staff. Are we enemies? Absolutely not! So, I don't see any reason why I won't be talking with a former staff when they stopped working at the place that I work.

You have a very good point there, as long as you have had a good relationship with a former staff, there's nothing wrong in taking with them whenever there's any means of communication with them. Cutting them off totally would seem very awkward especially when they are trying to keep in touch with you.

You have a very good point there, as long as you have had a good relationship with a former staff, there's nothing wrong in taking with them whenever there's any means of communication with them. Cutting them off totally would seem very awkward especially when they are trying to keep in touch with you.

I think that it is all about having good relationships with other people in the same settings. The fact of the matter remains that it might be possible that some people may not be in touch with others as they may never have had good relations with them. They are not obliged to be in a relationship with such people.

I think that it is all about having good relationships with other people in the same settings. The fact of the matter remains that it might be possible that some people may not be in touch with others as they may never have had good relations with them. They are not obliged to be in a relationship with such people.

The major deciding factor in this kind of situation is for you to have a means of communication with a previous staff you worked with in another company. When there is no means of communication with that person, it is going to mark the end of any kind of relationship that you have with the person. You cannot communicate with whom you don't have a channel to reach.

The major deciding factor in this kind of situation is for you to have a means of communication with a previous staff you worked with in another company. When there is no means of communication with that person, it is going to mark the end of any kind of relationship that you have with the person. You cannot communicate with whom you don't have a channel to reach.

I have been in many workplaces before as a trainee as well. I have met very irritating people who thought that they have the right to bully people. There is no way I would remain in touch with such kind of sick people. Fortunately, I never had to deal with such kind of "co-workers" for a long time.

I have been in many workplaces before as a trainee as well. I have met very irritating people who thought that they have the right to bully people. There is no way I would remain in touch with such kind of sick people. Fortunately, I never had to deal with such kind of "co-workers" for a long time.

Whenever you are working for a company that have a big number of workforce, there is always a possibility of having some people who can be very irritating and also those who can be very toxic.

It is all up to you to decide the kind of people that you want to be in any kind of relationship with, so that you will know exactly those you are dealing with. I don't have any business with a toxic human being.

Whenever you are working for a company that have a big number of workforce, there is always a possibility of having some people who can be very irritating and also those who can be very toxic.

It is all up to you to decide the kind of people that you want to be in any kind of relationship with, so that you will know exactly those you are dealing with. I don't have any business with a toxic human being.

There are people in my workplace that I avoid as much as I can. It is not about pride, but because I wouldn't want to get into an issue with anyone at the workplace. This is why I am always focused on setting the record straight with anyone that wants to act funny towards me at the workplace.

There are many people working in an organisation. In many cases, you may avoid them. However, in many cases this may not be possible to do so. Under such kind of circumstances, the only way to get rid of such kind of toxic people is to look for work somewhere else. However, this may not be the option for many people, unfortunately.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds