Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever gone on strike at work?

D

Deleted member 403

So, have you ever gone on strike at work? If so, what were the reasons for striking from your duties? Was it an individual or team decision? Did you manage to prove your point and succeed?

Advertisement Placeholder
I remember when I was working in one company that produce tomatoes paste,they were fund of owning us always untill one very bad day that we all stop work and go on strike,but at the end they later paid.

I have gone on strike on many occasions because I works with a government own establishment. It is a common thing in my country as government always either refuse to pay salary at all or pay as at when due. The only language the government understood is strike.

In my country I work in the education sector, and there have been countless strikes, and one is even being planned. But in spite of this I personally continue to attend my job, but with my hands down, that is, I comply with the schedule but I do not perform any of my duties.

Yes i have gone on strike, although it was a collective strike by all staffs as a result from unnecessary delays in the payment of our stipends by the government of my country. It was very difficult to survive so we went in strike and looked for other things do. Yes they later paid.

So, have you ever gone on strike at work? If so, what were the reasons for striking from your duties? Was it an individual or team decision? Did you manage to prove your point and succeed?
Loll... this really cracked me up... How possible is that... You having a break is different from having a strike. Does that mean the owner his angry with his or her business...

Concerning your question on if I have ever gone on strike at work, I have to be honest and say thay I have never gone to strike at work because I am still a student, although I have experienced a lot of strikes by lecturers in my university, a lot

I worked in a school some time ago and strikes were like the norm. Different groups from academic to no academic staff always find a reason to go on strike since they feel it is the best way to get their needs attended to by the management and government.

Strike is now a regular thing in my country. It's the only process that guarantee one's money being paid. When you work for a government agency in my country, you'll definitely be involved in strike/ organized protest at some point.

Yes i have. It was not a lone srike but a group or collective strike by our union. We where demanding for better paycheck. And our demands were met

I have never gone on a work strike before, while I was in the university lectures do go on strike a lot this leads to government meeting with their head to reach an agreement. Sometimes it works other time it dose not work out.

Yes, I have gone on strike before the reason was them couldn't pay to their worker, them where owner us for 4months without paying.

a number of times in my working company as a result of inappropriate and unfavourable working environment low salaries paid to staff and lack of respect for staff.

It was a government job and they owed several months salary. Me and my coworkers had no choice to go on strike until the government finally paid us.

I haven't and I can't even imagine embarking on one, unemployment rate is very high in my country if anyone tries to go on a work strike be rest assured you will be losing your job!

Am still a student right now and I am not yet qualify to work so I haven't embarked on any strike before and I don't really know how it feels to be on strike.

There was a time i went on strike in my work place and the caused was that they refused to pay us salary at the preffed date and this alone infuriates us

I have not really experience going on strike from work before may be because i habe always been working under private firms or non governmental institutions

I have not really experience going on strike from work before may be because i habe always been working under private firms or non governmental institutions
Most of the private firm are always at the welfare of their workers ,so they hardly go on strike like others usually do , i have also worked under private firm too

My workplace is actually nice, we do not really have issues especially when it comes to payment which is one of the things that leads to strike.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds