Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you ever demoted a staff member?

Credits
When it comes to hiring forum staffs, it can be done internally from the forum members or externally from freelancer pool of staffs. In a situation where an in-house hired forum staff who is working for you doesn't take his or her staff duties very serious, have you been forced to demote the staff? If it's an externally hired staff, if you terminate the contract, do you allow him or her privilege to still be in the forum?

Advertisement Placeholder
When it comes to hiring forum staffs, it can be done internally from the forum members or externally from freelancer pool of staffs. In a situation where an in-house hired forum staff who is working for you doesn't take his or her staff duties very serious, have you been forced to demote the staff? If it's an externally hired staff, if you terminate the contract, do you allow him or her privilege to still be in the forum?

I have never been "demoted" on the forum. On the contrary, I have been promoted many times. In fact, even on Bizdustry, I have remained the highest and the best contributor who has been contributing for several years. This earned me many privileges on this great forum. Today, I am not only a valued contributor, but I am one of the members who have received the highest reaction score. I am also one of the highest contributors and one of the most active members on the forum. :)

Sure. There have been a few mods I demoted over the years. There were some mods who just stopped doing their work, and some who abused their powers. And some who just stepped down because they needed time away.

I have never been "demoted" on the forum. On the contrary, I have been promoted many times. In fact, even on Bizdustry, I have remained the highest and the best contributor who has been contributing for several years. This earned me many privileges on this great forum. Today, I am not only a valued contributor, but I am one of the members who have received the highest reaction score. I am also one of the highest contributors and one of the most active members on the forum. :)

You have really done well for yourself in the community Bizdustry being that it's not been too long you joined the platform in 2021. It's your high level of commitment that got you to the level of reputation that you have in the community with over 40,000 messages. You're awesome!

Well, I have never demoted any staff. By the way, I do not have a lot of staff. However, I have been demoted from staff position a couple of times. I was once removed from the staff because I refused to work for free. I was being paid for my work and the owner said he no longer can continue to pay me. I replied if I do not receive payment, I might not be as active as I am and might not even visit forums for weeks. When I went back to the forum after 3 days, I saw myself removed from the staff.

Well, I have never demoted any staff. By the way, I do not have a lot of staff. However, I have been demoted from staff position a couple of times. I was once removed from the staff because I refused to work for free. I was being paid for my work and the owner said he no longer can continue to pay me. I replied if I do not receive payment, I might not be as active as I am and might not even visit forums for weeks. When I went back to the forum after 3 days, I saw myself removed from the staff.
That sound somehow dude how can you work for free,for me I work and get demoted from sell representative to cleaner because I fought with my co workers that was 6years ago,since then I have not experience such actions within me.

If a staff is not performing the duties for which he or she was hires to execute, there's no point in keeping them employed and pay them for not working. Demoting the staff is the right call. When they get another opportunity to work, they will take it serious.

I have demoted a few mods over the years of me running forums, non of them were ever for a bad reason though, they were because they had other commitments and found they no longer had the time and didn't want to hold the spot up that someone else could have taken.

The only time I would choose to demote a mod is if I found they were not following rules or making life difficult on the forum for members.

The forum owner is silly and grumpy at the same time. What was he expecting you to do? Work for free? I have been in a situation where after working for 3 months or so, the forum owner took his site offline. Came back after two months and changed the forum's name. He refused to pay for the work I did in the other forum. It was a silly experience.

The forum owner is silly and grumpy at the same time. What was he expecting you to do? Work for free? I have been in a situation where after working for 3 months or so, the forum owner took his site offline. Came back after two months and changed the forum's name. He refused to pay for the work I did in the other forum. It was a silly experience.
I have been in a situation like yours. I was working on a forum, and when my task was complete, I asked for payment, but the owner did not respond. A few weeks later, I found the site was taken off. A couple of months later, this guy turned in a new forum and wanted me to start posting. I reminded him that I was not paid for the work I did on his last site. To my surprise, he not only paid for my last work but even hired for his new site.

You have really done well for yourself in the community Bizdustry being that it's not been too long you joined the platform in 2021. It's your high level of commitment that got you to the level of reputation that you have in the community with over 40,000 messages. You're awesome!

Thanks a lot, mate! I have always tried my best to contribute in here and I have stayed with the forum for a long time and i do not plan to quite. This is why I have been made a top-level member in here. I am quite committed and I strive hard to offer the best kind of services and serve this great forum for a long time. I really hope that you will also stay active as well.

I have been in a situation like yours. I was working on a forum, and when my task was complete, I asked for payment, but the owner did not respond. A few weeks later, I found the site was taken off. A couple of months later, this guy turned in a new forum and wanted me to start posting. I reminded him that I was not paid for the work I did on his last site. To my surprise, he not only paid for my last work but even hired for his new site.

You were very lucky in this situation. What the guy owed me accumulated to about $40. I did everything to get him pay me but he declined with silly excuses. I had to take the matter up where he hired me from. In the end, I never got the pay from him but the community where he hired me from paid me 5000 forum credits as compensation.

Sure. There have been a few mods I demoted over the years. There were some mods who just stopped doing their work, and some who abused their powers. And some who just stepped down because they needed time away.

That is right. There are a lot of reasons a staff can be demoted and one is it is abusing the powers that they have. It is of no use to act like you are a super god that is running a forum and that will lead to you dealing with ordinary members. Once I notice, as a forum owner, I will demote you straight away.

I have demoted a few mods over the years of me running forums, non of them were ever for a bad reason though, they were because they had other commitments and found they no longer had the time and didn't want to hold the spot up that someone else could have taken.

The only time I would choose to demote a mod is if I found they were not following rules or making life difficult on the forum for members.

We all have our lives coming at us without any delay, so when that happens, one doesn't have a choice but to take a step back and sort themselves. I have had someone quit using forums permanently because they can't as a result of the life challenges they are having.

That is right. There are a lot of reasons a staff can be demoted and one is it is abusing the powers that they have. It is of no use to act like you are a super god that is running a forum and that will lead to you dealing with ordinary members. Once I notice, as a forum owner, I will demote you straight away.

If you're failing in your duties as a staff, the forum owner is gambling with his forum leaving the staff in power longer than it's necessary. I would try and find out why my staff isn't performing well. If there's no good explanation from him, I will be left with no choice but to demote him.

I have seen situations where a staff member doesn't deal with who employed him to work with utmost respect. They always challenge the authority for some reasons that I can't understand. The last time I witnessed this happen in a forum, the staff member was removed and banned in the forum. The owner went too far by banning him.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds