Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Have you ever been hacked?

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes. Just google around and you'll find some. I went to a Wordpress Meet Up around me and they were speaking on it .

Woah! That's awesome! I need to find a wordpress meet up. I didn't even know they had those.

Yes, I have been hacked on more than one occasion. The most recent being last summer. I was that hard up for help as I was going to be gone a couple days for Bible camp (something I've been doing since 2009) Got on my forum when I returned home only to find everything had been deleted except for probably a fistful of posts, but none of our members were deleted (thank God!)

Yes, I have been hacked on more than one occasion. The most recent being last summer. I was that hard up for help as I was going to be gone a couple days for Bible camp (something I've been doing since 2009) Got on my forum when I returned home only to find everything had been deleted except for probably a fistful of posts, but none of our members were deleted (thank God!)

Was it one of your moderators who hacked it?

Was it one of your moderators who hacked it?

I don't remember off hand, although I do remember it was a member of our staff. Nobody on our staff now is responsible, of course, but I was desperate for help as I was going to be gone for a couple days at the time and I was willing to take on anybody at that point. Never letting that happen again, and this year I'm a bit more prepared because I have a moderator who's so far been pretty trustworthy. I had a seizure back in January, hence why I no longer remember specific details.

I don't remember off hand, although I do remember it was a member of our staff. Nobody on our staff now is responsible, of course, but I was desperate for help as I was going to be gone for a couple days at the time and I was willing to take on anybody at that point. Never letting that happen again, and this year I'm a bit more prepared because I have a moderator who's so far been pretty trustworthy. I had a seizure back in January, hence why I no longer remember specific details.

Aww man, that blows. I'm sorry you had to experience that. I hope karma bites him/her (the hacker) in the butt!

I got hacked 2-3 times in the past and this was my own fault because I trusted someone with all of my server's passwords that shouldn't have had it to begin with because I was being hosted by a managed server company. But, you learn and move on.

I had my Facebook account hacked by my- as I thought- best friend who had a crush on me :dizzy:. But hopefully without any damage, except he read my personal massages

Nope, I've never been hacked but it is something that is always in the back of my mind. I mean that's pretty much the worst thing that can happen to you.

I've had many attempts on my sites, but so far no one has gotten in. I take this very serious and put enough protection in place. Nothing is ever totally secure, but you have to try your best to keep it as secure as possible.

Thankfully I have not but I know plenty who have been so I am keeping my mouth shut and my hopes on that it will never happen to me lol

I always worry about getting hacked, but I found that setting a nice n' complicated password helps to avoid it from happening! ;) Also don't share passwords.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 23 82.1%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds