Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Has sending out a mass email ever brought back members to your forum?

For topics related to engaging users and creating community interaction.

Ravenfreak

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
Have you ever sent out a mass email on you forum before and it brought back a bunch of old members? I recently brought back Mighty No. 9 Universe, though I did send out a mass email no one seemed to log back in... One thing I can think of is that not everyone has access to those old email accounts anymore. That and the subreddit is basically a ghost town since the game has already been out for years at this point. I have sent out a mass email on a Teen Titans forum and that brought people over to the Discord server, not really back on the forums.

The email may have hit spam folders, people might just be well over it, and indeed old accounts may have been dropped. It'll be interesting to hear if there's any major success stories on this.

Many times, especially a decade or so ago. Lately though, one of the staff usually just sends out personal e-mails to less active members to see if they're still alive.

I have never done this for my forms but the forum where I am staff sends a lot of mass emails but these mass emails have low conversion rates

My forum usually gets more log-ins the day or a couple of days after sending out a bulk email, but I don't think it necessarily brings in members who tend to stick around for a while. I stopped sending out bulk emails after someone said they'd call the cops on me if I continued to do so, I know I couldn't get in trouble for such a thing, but there were a couple of other reasons I stopped sending them out as well, such as not having much to report in a month like I used to try and do. I figured people would subscribe to the announcements forum if they wanted board updates.

I stopped sending out bulk emails after someone said they'd call the cops on me if I continued to do so
That's a bit extreme. I suppose the person seen the emails as harassment. :S I understand getting a bit annoyed if my inbox was filled with bulk emails from the same website, but to see it as harassment is a bit too much.

That's a bit extreme. I suppose the person seen the emails as harassment. :S I understand getting a bit annoyed if my inbox was filled with bulk emails from the same website, but to see it as harassment is a bit too much.
Yeah, it was kind of a pathetic threat. I only sent one email out a month of new updates around the board, and I even included the unsubscribe from board emails sent by the administrator link at the bottom of the email, so I guess he was too lazy to log in and unsubscribe.

Yeah, it was kind of a pathetic threat. I only sent one email out a month of new updates around the board, and I even included the unsubscribe from board emails sent by the administrator link at the bottom of the email, so I guess he was too lazy to log in and unsubscribe.
Would be a real shame if his account just dropped from the database...

I stopped sending out bulk emails after someone said they'd call the cops on me if I continued to do so,
There is a way around this. you can put it in your TOS of your community that receiving emails from admin and staff is part of being a part of your community. As for me, I don't send out bulk emails, I don't see the point if they have lost interest in the niche that your community is about then there isn't anything you can do. They can ask to be removed from the mailing list. make a "Do not Email" user group and hide it and when you select what groups get emails don't select that group.

I would have replied and said "I am a police officer"
Interested GIF by Nick Cannon

There is a way around this. you can put it in your TOS of your community that receiving emails from admin and staff is part of being a part of your community.
That sounds pretty logical.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest