Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Has anyone here received an email like this in regards to their domain names?

Ravenfreak

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
I was checking my email the other day and came across an email I got from Ionos. This is what it reads:

Subject: Inquiry regarding bluehedgehog.net

Body: Research
Has anyone else received an email like this before? I've searched Google and apparently there were a few people on Reddit who received a very similar email. The email address ended with .info so I'm guessing it's some sort of phishing scam. I didn't bother responding to the email, other people tried responding to theirs but got no response back. I never had someone try to contact me through the whosis privacy contact form before. :V

Most likely spam yes. Few genuine emails happen about a domain or website.

I tried looking for the domain name in the email address and it landed me into a foreign language website.

It's almost easier to try and figure out what isn't spam, assuming that virtually everything coming in is. Unless I am expecting such an email the bar is very high. I get the contact emails of a couple sites and most of them get deleted on sight.

I also found out that the person who made a post about it on Reddit also registered their domain name with Ionos. I guess these scammers are just targeting domains from Ionos. I just ignored it, I figured it was just spam anyways. This is the first time I've ever had anyone message me about my domain name so it just threw me off lol.

Someone used a form on GoDaddy's Whois section to send me a copyright violation notice. There was either no way to reply or something was off, so I contacted the organization they were pretending to be directly, and never got a response. Had me excited though, lol.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor