Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Hand shake with my interviewer

Cyrus@21

Reputable member
Credits
How do I have a handshake with my interviewer, who stretches out his hand for a handshake. Should I be firm or soft?

Advertisement Placeholder
If your interviewer offers a handshake, I think you need to be firm because firm handshake represent confidence. It will send positive signals and you might be considered for hiring.

The best would be a firm handshake or in most cases in-between. Being too firm might pose a treat to the interviewer, they would see you as someone who is over confident and can't be controlled with time. Being too soft on the other hand, paints a picture of a person who has no confidence therefore cannot firmly carry out the vision of the business.

How do I have a handshake with my interviewer, who stretches out his hand for a handshake. Should I be firm or soft?
It's never in your position to offer out handshake with your interviewer for any reason whatsoever because it's you over stepping your boundaries and it's rude.

Well, they say the handshake must be firm.
But, I'm sorry, this to understand the circumstance: what kind of interview do you intend?

If your interviewer offers a handshake, I think you need to be firm because firm handshake represent confidence. It will send positive signals and you might be considered for hiring.
Exactly, there is no point in standing up or sitting down after an interview session and you bring out your hands offering a handshake to your interviewer. On what grounds are you offering the so called handshake?

It's never in your position to offer out handshake with your interviewer for any reason whatsoever because it's you over stepping your boundaries and it's rude.
Check the post again, I said, if your interviewer stretches his hand for the handshake.

I think you should wait for the interviewer to offer handsake, you should not be the one to offer handshake first because the interviewer might not like this. I think you should be soft.

This is such a tricky question. I have never known that an interviewer could even check your handshake. Maybe to be safe, just get used to a firm handshake, it shows that you are really confident.

Check the post again, I said, if your interviewer stretches his hand for the handshake.
If that's the case, then it's something that you can't decline for any reason whatsoever because it's a significant proof of approval for the job when they do that.

A firm handshake would signify confidence. A soft one may send a negative message to your interviewer.
I think a firm handshake is more ideal.

From experience, the handshake has to be a firm one, using both hands to accept the handshake is an advantage and shows how respectful you are, a firm handshake (for about 5 seconds) with your interviewer shows confidence, reliability and respect. This is one of those things he might use in selecting you for the job.

Lolz, Nice questions.. I believe it should be firm, sometimes depending on the culture it is always advisable that if you are handshaking someone that is much more older than you it is important to handshake the person with two hands because this is a sign of respect and obedience in some cultures and tradition.

I think if your interviewer offers you a handshake, you should receive it firmly.
A firm handshake proves that you are bold and confident, it is reverse for a weak handshake.

I think for an interviewer to offer ahand shake to you it should be welcome,we should have a really firm handshake with the fellow,as this shows you are really confident person.

So long as you didn't offer the handshake first, you're free to accept and make sure that the handshake is firm. I've seen candidates been filtered out based on etiquette.
The company might want to ascertain how sociable you might bring.

I believe that if an interviewer offers you a handshake, you should accept it. We should have a solid handshake with the fellow, as this shows you are a confident person.

I think it should be a firm handshake as it will show a display of confidence to the Manager. However, a firm handshake should always be accompanied by a courtesy as it will also display a sign of respect and loyalty.

The handshake shouldn't be too firm and too soft. I think offering the handshake moderately would send a right signal to the interviewer. Too firm handshake could send a wrong signal.

I think there is nothing wrong with shaking hands with the interviewer in a firm way. However, I think you should not shake hands really firmly. :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds