Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Hand shake with my interviewer

Lolz, nice question. I believe it should be firm and not soft. Shaking of hands firmly shows that you are confident but doing it timidly will shows that you are not really confidence of yourself.

Advertisement Placeholder
Well that is only if the interviewer extends his or her hand for an handshake and apart from that I don't think the interviewee should be the one to engage the handshake

How do I have a handshake with my interviewer, who stretches out his hand for a handshake. Should I be firm or soft?
This question is a dicey and cunny one, normally its not good shaking your interviewer but if he stretches his hand , I think you have be be in between hard and soft grip, if your grip is too tight , he might term it to something else.

I think your hand shake with your interviewer who streches his hand for a handshake should be firm. It shouldn't be soft, i feel a soft handshake should be used for people who know.

This is such a tricky question. I have never known that an interviewer could even check your handshake. Maybe to be safe, just get used to a firm handshake, it shows that you are really confident.
After the interview the other one that offered you a handshake in means that they are very satisfied with your interview and your responses to the question which means that you've already secured the job.

I think you should wait for the interviewer to offer handsake, you should not be the one to offer handshake first because the interviewer might not like this. I think you should be soft.
Seriously, it's never in your place as the person who is being interviewed to offer handshake to your interviewer because it's a step too far to make by someone who is not yet employed.

This is such a tricky question. I have never known that an interviewer could even check your handshake. Maybe to be safe, just get used to a firm handshake, it shows that you are really confident.

There's nothing wring giving out a handshake to your interviewers because denying them a handshake is an act of disrespect , just give them a firm handshake to let them know you are not scared.

I think you should wait for the interviewer to offer handsake, you should not be the one to offer handshake first because the interviewer might not like this. I think you should be soft.
I believe that you don't need to wait for them to offer you a handshake for you to know that you are very successful in the interview because their body language will tell you everything you need to know.

A firm handshake presents you as someone who has self confidence which is really needed becausesometimes, interviewers make an impression in the first few minutes of meeting.

The truth is that so far you didn't offer a handshake but he offered you, you need to accept because it's improper for you to offer a handshake to your interviewer that sounds rude and arrogant of your behaviour.

I think it should be a firm handshake as it will show a display of confidence to the Manager. However, a firm handshake should always be accompanied by a courtesy as it will also display a sign of respect and loyalty.
That is basically the right thing to do in that situation,because the gesture should be embraced and one need to display confidence in the pleasantries towards the interviewer,there is nothing wrong with that.

The truth is that so far you didn't offer a handshake but he offered you, you need to accept because it's improper for you to offer a handshake to your interviewer that sounds rude and arrogant of your behaviour.
As an act of having respect for your interviewer since hes the one that offered you a handshake , then you have to respect the offer since you are not the one offering it.

Normally it's not advisable to have a hand shake with your interviewer but if it turns to be he offer you the hand shake you are supposed to soft and accept maybe it's a sign of recommending your performance.

If we can look at it from the angle of you looking for a job and going going an interview , its not proper to stretch out your hand to shake your interviewer which is very disrespectful.

It should be firm with confidence. I don't see the need of you making it soft because this may indicate that you are not comfortable in yourself or maybe you are not comfortable with who you are naturally.

In my culture extending your hand to greet someone older than you or superior is an act of disrespect , and we also believe that reaching out you hand to shake your interviewer when he or she does not extend his hand to you first is not advisable

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds