Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

📢 Feedback Guys you're really inspiring me!

⭐ Alex ⭐

Recognized member
Credits
I see how the team here constantly makes new topics every day. It's really inspiring to see that. And I like the notice mentioning website of the month. A fun activity for everyone to share what they are most proud about of their website and learn from others!

I have a habit of trying to bulk things into one release.

I was about to stay up late again doing so. But the way everyone here just posts a small thing everyday has made me realize that's really the key. If I want to increase user engagement I just need to do a little bit at a time. And if I have something, I'll release it now instead of waiting for tomorrow, and the next day and so on.

That's the key indeed. Make simple topics to trigger discussions. Sometimes topics that need more time to read, think, or brainstorm before posting a reply to them discourage a few users from posting their opinions on them.

I really am lucky to be in the presence of such a great team. They are hard working, consistent, laidback and great at everything they do. :D

That said, I’m glad we inspire you to become better. As always keep things fresh and stay consistent. That is the key to a successful community. :)

Some good advice I got a long time ago was to wait until the next day to make the big announcement of a project you finished so you have a clearer mind to communicate it.

...but through the whole process we should be posting smaller updates to build anticipation! I have not always been the best at this but watching how @CedricV and the rest of the crew operates here has really been inspiring to change that.

Some good advice I got a long time ago was to wait until the next day to make the big announcement of a project you finished so you have a clearer mind to communicate it.

Yes, and theoretically if I were to prepare updates beforehand and just have a queue of stuff going out, I could be very consistent.

...But that's not me. I like doing things spontaneously. But it's good to remind myself that any size update is worth something and it's better to talk about it now than later which we never know when later will be.

Yes, and theoretically if I were to prepare updates beforehand and just have a queue of stuff going out, I could be very consistent.

...But that's not me. I like doing things spontaneously. But it's good to remind myself that any size update is worth something and it's better to talk about it now than later which we never know when later will be.
There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t do changes, improving something, even slightest things like redoing a forum description. Often no one knows about those little things.

Everyone on the staff knows that I’m a bit impulsive. Perfect example is the new theme from past week. No one saw it coming, haha. If I have an idea, I’ll try to work it out asap. Not all my ideas are the best obviously and sometimes I’ll undo those ideas.

But I always try to keep everyone updated as much as I can when doing larger updates to build up some hype. That has always worked and it gives people a sense of belonging too.

Everyone on the staff knows that I’m a bit impulsive. Perfect example is the new theme from past week. No one saw it coming,
That's me as well. I remember when we just launched our new forum in 2019 and I still had an active team of two other admins.
Whenever I made forum changes everyone got upset because they wanted me working on game updates instead of website and forum modifications. I often felt like I wasn't welcome in my own community (perhaps some complicated political tension since I acquired the community and was previously just a regular member). That could also explain why I took so many long breaks from working on the project. A sense of embarrassment for not reaching my goals and fulfilling the expectations of others.

That's me as well. I remember when we just launched our new forum in 2019 and I still had an active team of two other admins.
Whenever I made forum changes everyone got upset because they wanted me working on game updates instead of website and forum modifications. I often felt like I wasn't welcome in my own community (perhaps some complicated political tension since I acquired the community and was previously just a regular member). That could also explain why I took so many long breaks from working on the project. A sense of embarrassment for not reaching my goals and fulfilling the expectations of others.
Sounds like you weren’t appreciated. Your vision wasn’t theirs, and if you don’t align then you’ll end up clashing with them. And maybe they also did only expect you to do game updates. Sad that happened though.

At the end of day, everyone's passion is about game updates. However maintaining the community so that we have regular game players is equally important. I'm going to start a new topic on my forum every few days or so to help build the community back up.
It's such a small thing to do and takes only a few minutes of the day, but goes such a long way to show everyone my interest in the project is not fading and we will eventually gain what we all seek.

Yep, yet the irony is we do all the work we've just completed a disservice by not talking about it adequately. I think you get the same satisfaction and warm feels as I do when something is released and that feels like enough, but we have to keep that fire burning and talk about it!

There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t do changes, improving something, even slightest things like redoing a forum description. Often no one knows about those little things.
I honestly had no idea how much stuff you did a day until we started working on the Learn site! All of a sudden I see a new blog post in one direction, 20+ glossary items, 5 PMs, and somehow you also replied to 10+ threads as a break.

Everyone on the staff knows that I’m a bit impulsive
...and yesterday you launched something on a Sunday. 😲 Internet marketers everywhere were left in awe!

At the end of day, everyone's passion is about game updates. However maintaining the community so that we have regular game players is equally important. I'm going to start a new topic on my forum every few days or so to help build the community back up.
It's such a small thing to do and takes only a few minutes of the day, but goes such a long way to show everyone my interest in the project is not fading and we will eventually gain what we all seek.
Definitely equally important! The day you stop posting, is the day you send a signal you don’t care. It wouldn’t take long until members take notice and stop caring too.

If anything, you need to drag out engagement from your members. Most of them sit in a silent position, not willing to post and engage. Turning those lurkers into active contributors is one of the hardest things you come across.

Yep, yet the irony is we do all the work we've just completed a disservice by not talking about it adequately. I think you get the same satisfaction and warm feels as I do when something is released and that feels like enough, but we have to keep that fire burning and talk about it!
We all like feedback! I ask for feedback all the time, even things I wouldn’t post about on the forum but ask privately to someone what they think, etc. Feedback is important. It helps us improve, see different things, etc. And again, asking feedback to someone gives them a sense of belonging.

I honestly had no idea how much stuff you did a day until we started working on the Learn site! All of a sudden I see a new blog post in one direction, 20+ glossary items, 5 PMs, and somehow you also replied to 10+ threads as a break.

...and yesterday you launched something on a Sunday. 😲 Internet marketers everywhere were left in awe!
Hah, admittedly some days I get done a lot, some days way less than that. But yeah, I try. 😂

Some days are going to be slower than others. Big updates can take time to prepare, or even larger events. Smaller events or annual events are definitely easier to do in a small time frame. It's all about getting in the groove and seeing what works for your community. I know what helps me stay more consistent is I create alarms on my phone to remind me to start/end an event xD

We definitely consider changes consistently and try to see if we are doing what's best for the community. You can't do large changes each and every day, but you can make small changes, and create a few threads a day and make some responses in order to circulate more activity around the community. Biggest thing is finding the balance to not overwhelm yourself!

We definitely would not be able to do what we do without all of our members! This community is so much fun to watch and grow, as well as seeing everyone's individual communities grow as well from learning and sharing ideas with one another.

We are glad to have you here with us! :)

Some days are going to be slower than others. Big updates can take time to prepare, or even larger events. Smaller events or annual events are definitely easier to do in a small time frame. It's all about getting in the groove and seeing what works for your community. I know what helps me stay more consistent is I create alarms on my phone to remind me to start/end an event xD

We definitely consider changes consistently and try to see if we are doing what's best for the community. You can't do large changes each and every day, but you can make small changes, and create a few threads a day and make some responses in order to circulate more activity around the community. Biggest thing is finding the balance to not overwhelm yourself!

We definitely would not be able to do what we do without all of our members! This community is so much fun to watch and grow, as well as seeing everyone's individual communities grow as well from learning and sharing ideas with one another.

We are glad to have you here with us! :)

I'm very excited, I got someone from AJ on board my team now! It will be exciting to see what the future brings. :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest