Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Greed or over ambitious

Being ambitious means that you have a goal you wish to achieve. Ambitions are always linked to risks. If you are ambitious, you are willing to take any risk to make it happen. It's like being a Phoenix. You are ready to burn to ashes only to be born again, to live again, try again. If you are ambitious no amount of failure or pain can waver you until you get to your ultimate prize. But the means always matter to you.

Advertisement Placeholder
Although the line between ambition and greed can sometimes seem quite thin, mostly because both are goal-driven, there is a clear difference. ... Simply put, ambition serves a purpose while greed is self-serving.

In my opinion I would call it greed and I actually think I'm one of such people, as my greed is always taking the best part of me, reason I have been loosing a lot of money online which is very avoidable. This year alone I have lost to a ponzi scheme.

There is nothing like being over ambitious,before you start investing or on the business you could have had a particular purpose or goal you want to achieve. So any investor who doesn't achieve what they want to achieve must try his best to achieve that particular thing. So it is very good to set your goal I said the time frame in which you want to achieve that particular goal.

Although the line between greed and ambition is quite thin,mostly because both are goals driven but both has a very big difference, being ambitious means an individual is serving a purpose, but being greedy mean an individual is self-serving, an ambitious person doesn't hope that others will loose their valuables he only thinks about about helping them and in so doing helping himself too, but a greedy individual only thinks about the downfall of another person, he thinks about how he can bring others down to take there place or bring then down so they can be at the same level, greedy energy is built on the fear of not having enough.

Investment is all about risk. From what you cited, I wont refer to it as greed or over ambition. I’ll refer to it as risk taking. In most cases while trading cryptocurrency, most investors sets targets for themselves. If these targets aren’t met, they wouldn’t withdraw until it’s met. This is the risk involved. If risk ends up fruitful, it wouldn’t be referred to as greed.

Greedy is attributed when you always show the desires to want more than necessary for your selfish interest only. when we bringing this selfish altitude into the trading busines it brings about a quick downfall. Greedy is not close to been ambitious.

There may be times where it is necessary to resist greed but it is hard to generalise this. If you are a businessman, you need to sell as soon as you get a certain price, and then reinvest because the profit is still too low. If you don't sell or reinvest, then it will just be the ability to acquire wealth without want to.

Concerning greed or over ambitious. Well, most of the times when man makes profit and not still satisfied with his profit, I term it as greediness. Man tends to be so much in a hurry to make more money at every opportunity which is not good, making money is good to make and have but when greediness sets in, it scatters what you've gathered

In business, the quest to break more grounds and diversify the business to make more profit is not greed, not over-ambition, it's simply ambition. And that's what makes businesses to thrive, and produce the billionaires that we celebrate and want to be like.

In cryptocurrency trading, I can call it over-ambition, that's only because saying that the person is greedy might not be fair to the person.

Yes, i will that greed because i've been there before. Gambling and not being able to keep myself restrain Greediness taking over me thinking i can get more by continuing but ended up losing everything I've made so far. That's straight up Greed right there and i swear not to be that way again

All business are subject to loss. One not cashing out in no way signifies greed. The more you invest in to a business or forex the larger your returns. One will only sustain such huge losses if he is not an expert in the trade or if his trading platform is scam.

Greed a selfish and excessive desire for more of something as money than is needed. Ambition an ardent desire for rank, fame, or power. Ambitious Behavior. Any action or desire that portraits well being of self and others could be clubbed to ambitious behavior. Examine the statement: Our companies focus must be to provide our customers the best quality service. This is being ambitious. Greedy Behaviors Any action or desire that portraits only well being even if it means defeat of others could be clubbed to greedy behavior. Examine the statement: We should strategies to destroy our rivals and hence we become successful. This is being greedy. Greed mostly results in immediate success, but deprived trust and co-operation. It also brings rivalry and unethical competition. Greed results in fast but short success.

No doubt dear your point is very valid to greed and over ambitious. Both things lead you either succes or failure. If it is for the purpose of achieving goal then it is ambitious and if it is for self serving then is greed and everyone know greed is curse.

In the cryptocurrency world holding onto your cryptocurrency investment portfolio for a long time especially when you are supposed to have made profit is called greed. In fact there is a name for it in the cryptocurrency parlance called greed index. This kind of affect the cryptocurrencies in a positive way as it ensures that the prices of such cryptocurrencies stays high.

i wouldn't call them greedy, but just lack of knowledge, these people probably don't know how businesses work or how profit can be gained, be that are smart, withdraw few by few, so when a business fails, they find themselves having atleast a profit that's better than nothing

Being over ambitious is a good thing it can help achieve very difficult goals, In an overpopulated venture you need to be over ambitious if not you might lose interest. Greed on the other hand is being self centered even at the detriment of others.

Ambition drives them to advance and accomplish their goals. Well-aimed and supported by values, ambition reflects a healthy self esteem and higher power of abstraction and visualization of the future. Ambitious people have a gleam in their eyes as they approach their goals.

Many a times entrepreneurs or investors tends not to be satisfied at the profit made even when the returns are brilliant. For instance, while trading in forex or crypto currency some investors would have made enough profits but will still continue instead of cashing out first, until they will suddenly begin to loose all the profits made and run at lose. Can we call that greed or over ambition?
Although the line between ambition and greed can sometimes seem quite thin, mostly because both are goal-driven, there is a clear difference. ... Simply put, ambition serves a purpose while greed is self-serving

Although the line between ambition and greedcan sometimes seem quite thin, mostly because both are goal-driven, there is a clear difference, ambition serves a purpose while greed is self-serving.
I love the way you analyze the difference between greed and ambition. Truly, greed is self-serving that's trying to take all to self not minding others. However being ambitious too could be likened to greed if care is not taking because it could be driven by self too.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds