Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Greed or over ambitious

The Oxford dictionary defines greed as “intense and selfish desire for something, especially wealth, power, or food”. Greed cannot be satisfied, as Mr. Madoff has demonstrated, but ambition can. Merriam-Webster defines ambition as “a particular goal or aim: something that a person hopes to do or achieve”.

Advertisement Placeholder
The difference between greed and ambition is not so much and then can be mistaken. Greed is unchecked ambition and so one should be careful when striving for success. It is good to be ambitious and there is no doubt in that but then morality should be a sufficient check to our character.

Many a times entrepreneurs or investors tends not to be satisfied at the profit made even when the returns are brilliant. For instance, while trading in forex or crypto currency some investors would have made enough profits but will still continue instead of cashing out first, until they will suddenly begin to loose all the profits made and run at lose. Can we call that greed or over ambition?
Greed and over ambition are quite pretty similar but it seems greed is more dangerous. A greedy person is never satisfied, he always wants more and in the end he ends up gaining nothing and even losing what he has.

Many a times entrepreneurs or investors tends not to be satisfied at the profit made even when the returns are brilliant. For instance, while trading in forex or crypto currency some investors would have made enough profits but will still continue instead of cashing out first, until they will suddenly begin to loose all the profits made and run at lose. Can we call that greed or over ambition?
good question. I nearly. wounded myself with greed when my 625$ bitcoin pimped with 15$, something was telling me to leave it for a while, I said no and had to sell it. few minutes later, bitcoin price dropped heavily. I was very happy I didn't allow greed to ruin me.

True! Greed is an enemy of success, especially to fired traders. A lot of professional traders have been liquidated as a result of greed.

The major reason for occurrences like these is greed, when trading in forex or crypto, you need to understand that your primary aim is the profits that you acquire, cashing out your gains should be the first thing to be done before you proceed on trading but some investors out of greed continue to pump more cash until they hit enough losses.

I call it greed not over ambitions. At least when you earn to a certain extent you withdraw that first,you can keep it safe with you and continue the hustling because you don't know the next minute.

It may not be greed, but there are instances where it could mean greed though. As someone who is strategic, you need to sell whenever you have gotten enough profit and then reinvest. That's way to go, if you fail to sell and reinvest then it's purely greed.

Yea. I personally love to scrap trade. I can't leave a trade open for too long.

Someone that cashed out early will call it greed but it isn't. There is no time frame for cashing out other than personal instinct.
Delaying the cashing out might be due to personal projection or hope of a further increase which might turn sour but with every fall comes a lesson and that equipped them for better opportunities in future

I agree that greed is dangerous. In fact, it is greed that is the main factor why people fall into the trap of scams. They are greedy to think of the promised high yield of their investment like 20% a month means your investment will be doubled in 5 months. It is plain greed why some people would invest in that too good to be true investment offer. That is why in another thread I commented that I cannot be rich because I am not greedy for material wealth. When I have more than enough then that is enough.
This is hilarious I must say. You have got a great here though. If greed is not tamed, it could cause one to loose everything you earn. Because you will never be satisfied with whatever you have. You will believe you can make more until you loose all.

Although the line between ambition and greedcan sometimes seem quite thin, mostly because both are goal-driven, there is a clear difference, ambition serves a purpose while greed is self-serving.

Nah! It all boils down to greed, there's nothing about being over ambitious here. The mindset of not being satisfied with the little we gain from small business also influence on our high profit business. Greed has destroyed many business.

They are not smart traders, if you ask me. I think smart traders know when they should stop buying and selling and when to continue. I see a lot of buyers lament that they lost, but it's not being smart, but being greedy which is very bad.

We can totally say it's greed actually. It could be though.
But one thing we must understand is that some businesses have target to meet and no matter the kind of profit they make, if they haven't met their target, they won't stop. What some people see as a lot of money might not be what another perceive it as.
Some people's situation might be greed though but in most cases, some are just trying to meet their target

For investing should not be greedy as there are instances where it could mean greed though. As someone who is strategic, you need to sell whenever you have gotten enough profit and then reinvest. That's way to go, if you fail to sell and reinvest then it's purely greed.

I consider it as greed, when investing in any business scheme, particularly Forex., you should csjh out your investment capital first before continuing any other investment, many investors are too greedy and that is why they fall into scams by sites that promise high ROI in a short time.

In my own ways of understanding, at a point where you are doing something and there is high longing for that think to the extent that you can do anything just to get it, then you have attained the level of greed because when you are into forex trading and you hit a very significant point where it is advisable to be extra patience towards trading and you go ahead all at the aim of acquiring high profit. that is greed that lands you in any spot.

Someone that cashed out early will call it greed but it isn't. There is no time frame for cashing out other than personal instinct.
Delaying the cashing out might be due to personal projection or hope of a further increase which might turn sour but with every fall comes a lesson and that equipped them for better opportunities in future
Sure. Some days back, I sold my Bitcoin when the price was just at $32000 but today it has risen to $34000. This does not mean someone who refused to sell then when price was at $32000 was greedy. Even if the price drops today, it's certain that it would rise again so no need concluding it's pure greed.

To be ambitious is very fine, being overambitious is a brother to greed, overambitious is motivated by silent greed. Not knowing when to stop, pause and let go of something's in life no matter how important we think it may be is greed crimping into our life's. Lack of contentment and thanks gives room to greed. Overambitious is or leads to greed.

There is a very thin line between being greedy and being ambitious and you must be very wary of the thin line. The goal of the two might seem the same as well but as entrepreneurs or investors, you must be conscious of the two. Greed is always self-serving while ambition is driven by goals.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds