Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Graphic Design Tools That You Can Use For Free

Nomad

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
While Photoshop and Canva are widely known for graphic designing, there are various alternatives that you can try, that are as good as Photoshop and Canva.

Adobe Spark: A product from the Photoshop family, Adobe Spark provides a vast template collection and you can create designs in few clicks.

Stencil: Stencil is an efficient online graphic design tool suitable for beginners.

Pixlr: Recognized as an exceptional Canva and Photoshop alternative, Pixlr's free plan suffices for many graphic design needs.

Visme: Specializing in charts and infographics (up to 5 projects monthly), Visme offers a free version ideal for specific design projects.

GIMP: If you need a program that is exactly like Photoshop but free, this one is for you.

PosterMyWall: If you want a tool exactly like Canva, this is for you.

Diversifying your design tools with these alternatives ensures flexibility and creativity in your design endeavors.

Pixlr is usually my go-to graphics editor for very basic editing. Easily accessible and has the necessary tools I need.

InkScape, Paint.NET and Photoshop Express aren't bad if you're looking for free options, Affinity Photo 2 is also a decent paid option if you aren't willing to pay for a subscription based application as well. :)

I usually just use Gimp whenever I need to make graphics for my websites as well as thumbnails and other images for my Youtube channel too. Took me a bit to learn how to use it, but man it does a great job for being free!

GIMP annoyed me so hard that after 20 years of being a fan, I subscribed to Adobe…

Changing the UI repeatedly, changing shortcuts, changing behaviours. 20 years of muscle memory being tossed aside for no reason I could discern. I figured if I had to relearn muscle memory I might as well learn the industry standard rather than a tool that is actively avoided because of its name. (Seriously, schools won’t install it to encourage students to try it, just because of the name.)

Figma is the tool of choice for most UI/UX designers — with good reason. Figma democratized screen design and while doing so, pushed the boundaries of what web apps are expected to do.

Penpot is a free and open-source alternative for Figma.

Inkscape is an open-source vector graphics editor; it can be used to create or edit vector graphics such as illustrations, diagrams, line arts, charts, logos and complex paintings.

Blender is a professional, free and open-source 3D computer graphics software toolset used for creating animated films, visual effects, art, 3D printed models, interactive 3D applications and video games.

There is PhotoGIMP that adjusts shortcuts and a bit of the UI to feel a lot more familiar by copying the hotkeys and tool layout of Photoshop. It doesn't replicate behavior exactly obviously but it does make it actually usable for me as someone who used Photoshop a lot in the past, and was eternally confused by GIMP.

I use Photopea sometimes. It's a browser-based graphics editor that functions pretty similar to Photoshop. I like it because I can even open PSD files in it. It comes in handy when I'm feeling artsy but don't have my personal laptop handy.

Thank you to everyone who posted. Not my thread, but I'm a somewhat beginner web design and web dev hobbyist.

We all had to start somewhere! What do you enjoy the most?
I have a passion for online communities. I have a lot of ideas, I just need to improve my coding skills. Likewise, I know all of your basics, but I'd like to improve, something possibly profitable. Not only that, but I also have an interest in modifying from the original, in general

I have a passion for online communities. I have a lot of ideas, I just need to improve my coding skills. Likewise, I know all of your basics, but I'd like to improve, something possibly profitable. Not only that, but I also have an interest in modifying from the original, in general
Awesome. Well keep us up to date! :D

Another useful tool would be Krita.

Krita is a professional free and open source painting program. It is made by artists that want to see affordable art tools for everyone.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest