Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Government helping small businesses?

Should the government do more to support small businesses and start-ups? What could they do to help them get started?
It would be a good idea if the government can support small business to grow because it also contribute to economy growth of the country

Advertisement Placeholder
The government ought to do more before the economy grows from these businesses. Sadly, in my country, little or no attention is paid to helping small businesses rather they government keeps getting exorbitant tax form them.

Many western countries take tax from their people, but they also help their citizens. However, my country's government collects tax from us, but never help us in any way. This is a bitter reality of our country, unfortunately.

Ofcourse they should and there's a lot that they can do too, like providing access to government loans with little or no interest attached so they could run their business, also the issues of thugs disturbing and extorting should be dealt with
I think government should take the responsibility of helping small businesses to grow as the government can even testified that small businesses had the pain of any country's economy so it will be in the interest of all government of the world to take it upon themselves to help small businesses to grow.

The government of my country don't have good plans for small business,the formulate and implement policies that Favour only big businesses they have shares in

Currently with the economy situation at hand our government doesn't even look into individual business,rather only care about themselves,only very few organization help the smaller business

The only set of people our government here have always supported are those microfinance institutions, I believe it is all a formality. They all have skeleton in their cupboards. Even when distributing relief funds amidst covid 19, they still favor those microfinance institutions

Should the government do more to support small businesses and start-ups? What could they do to help them get started?
Government could actually do a lot by providing funds and making it readily available for the masses. Even if it's loans just for startup

Government to support small scale businesses is a good idea but it must be in a proper circulation to go round, to achieve this they must create an enabling environment. That is to say making industries and other governmental facilities open for business.

Yes of course they should!
Granting loans and giving shops to small business owners will be a nice place to start.
Also giving traders and small business owners the skills they require will also be very helpful.

The government should be able to assist small scale business not only when they are campaigning for a political post as this will help out in unemployment issues.

Many western countries take tax from their people, but they also help their citizens. However, my country's government collects tax from us, but never help us in any way. This is a bitter reality of our country, unfortunately.
You're very right. That is same with country. Despite the tax fee being padi regularly,the result is not forthcoming at all

In my country here government Don't help Small business they kill more of the ventures especially the youth of the pride of the nation is growing they kill by paying task which is not to be so
The only people that helps in this country is God

Small scale businesses are not benefiting from the government over here. Instead they levy heavy tax only small scale businesses. And this affected the price of commodities in the marketplace.

Small scale businesses are not benefiting from the government over here. Instead they levy heavy tax only small scale businesses. And this affected the price of commodities in the marketplace.

Well, our government supposedly helped a few small businessmen during the pandemic. The government removed taxes and this was the only thing they could do. It did not help much. People were already facing crisis during that time.

Government of my country did provide bail out funds to businesses during the lock down, what they really did was to pay staffs on behalf of business owners

Some local governments may take direct actions to assist small companies in their region, such as giving low-interest loans, but in our town, our government representatives will put tiny enterprises on their page to increase their branding.

Yes of course they should!
Granting loans and giving shops to small business owners will be a nice place to start.
Also giving traders and small business owners the skills they require will also be very helpful.
Most government of countries in the world are of the knowledge that they need to help small businesses as small businesses greatly improves and affect the economics of the world even bigger than big businesses because small businesses are of higher numbers than big businesses so they are the big drivers of the economy of the country.

I've come to understand that the government usually does a lot to help these small businesses because they're a great source of revenue and employment. The only issue is those that are tasked to implement these forms of support (especially in third world countries), budgets keep rising but no visible effects on the people or the businesses

Government support business owners through youth empowerment, N-power and other platforms by giving them loans to start up business but there is need for government to reduce the amount of interest in the loan they give to business owner.

If government want to help small scale businessmen to grow big it is easy for them.to give grant to them open a governmental cooperative where easy loan with small interest can be gotten.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds