Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Google Search Console: Number of "Discovered - Not Indexed" Pages dropping

veloman

Recognized member
Website
velo.chat
Credits
Hello!

I had a search on Google and Bing for an answer to this, but the results are just SEO games pages with no relevancy.

Basically as I understand it, when Google finds a page (i.e. after submitting a sitemap) it gets added to the "Discovered - Not Indexed" list, and then over time it'll slowly drop as they get moved to the "Indexed" list.

Strangely though, I had roughly 80 pages marked as discovered, then one day they vanished and there were 0. They weren't added to the Index List (although it is slowly increasing), Google just seems to have erased them and I can't for the life of me find out why.

My robots.txt is fine, the pages are all accessable, there is no reported problem with the pages... It's just a bit of a mystery.

Don't suppose anyone knows what the issue might be?

Thanks!

For Google... Google does what Google does.. there is no firm answer.
As Scooby says, "Rotsa Ruck" when trying to figure out how they "work" their scheme.

Sometimes I wonder if Google's algorithms are now so complex that even they don't know how it works... The old black box problem 🤔

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor