Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Giving things for free to accomodate bad customer support

Advertisement Placeholder
The best time is whenever a customer contacts the office to express dissatisfaction with respect to products or services offered, do make sure to rectify the issues and award them discounts on their next purchase, all this for customer satisfaction and retention.

When do you think it's necessary to give something for free to make up for bad customer service?
Giving something for free is synonymous with PR in business world, Public Relations. For me I think at times when there is competition in the market. One should do PR to stimulate demand, which in turn has a rippled positive effect on the business sales and profit.

When do you think it's necessary to give something for free to make up for bad customer service?
I can only give something for free if I had made a mistake provided the wrong service to the customer.
The gravity of the bad customer service is what would determine what I'll be giving for free though.

I would give something for free to make up for bad customer service if the service rendered was really bad.
It could be a discount on the next purchase, free delivery of another purchase or a little prize atop purchase.
Bad customer service is capable of endangering one's business.

If the mistake is so obvious from your end, you just have to remedy the situation to ensure you don't have negative customer review. Anything that makes one customer spread bad information with word of mouth, then there's a problem

When the mistake cause by your customer support service can damage the image of the company then it is the right time to give out free things to make up for poor services rendered by your business.

yes that's also great ,you can give free things to your bad customers it helps you to keep them ,it is very important because your customers are the main point of starting your business

It's good idea but you must be strategic about it when do and not always so as not to run into losses and also you carry-out such in a way it's won't affect your business or financial flow of it

why should you compensate your bad customer support service with free products, why not built a better customer support. Giving away free products just because your support was bad is not good for your company.

Well it depends on how serious the case was. If I gave a bad customer service,maybe gave the customer a wrong product by mistake , I could give the right product with a good discount .

If the case was really serious and it threatens the company reputation and could lead to it being closed, then it is best to give away the free stuff and avoid further trouble. But if it is just a minor case or the customer making up lies, it is best to leave it alone.

When you get several negative complaints from your customers and it seems like you may end up loosing out a number of customers who usually patronise you, then you will have to suffice means to getting them back by issuing out free gifts to bring them back or keep them in the business line.

I think the best time to give out one or two things for free would be when a customer or group of customers demonstrates dissatisfaction for a product or the company, at this point to attract the customers back, discounts can be given as well as promo events

You can give something for free sometimes to a customer if they have received a damaged product that they have already paid for from your store. This will give you a very good reputation over time. But you still need to be certain that the product was from your store and was already damaged before the customer bought it

This is actually not a good strategy to accommodate bad feedback from customers you also take this feedback from this customers then implement it in your products so that there will be no complaints about your product again instead of giving out free things because of the complaint from the customers about your product.

It depends on the customers behavior after receiving poor customer service. For someone that becomes extremely rude and arrogant, there is no need to go any extra mile

Bad customer service is the fault of the company and a section in the company so giving away free things is to show our sorry the company feels for the poor service which is a good thing but yhe section is suffer for the loss

I also support the the giving of free products to customers with a genuine complain about their products that they bought from you that might not have been bought in food form as at the time they're buying from your store

Giving out free product to customers due to complaint should be warranted especially when the customer lost something valuable due to the fault of the company

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds