Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Gex Forum Feedback

TwitchisMental

Reputable member
Credits
Looking for some feedback on The Gex Forums. Would like to know others thoughts on the overall design of the forum. Eg the theme, the logo, the board titles, the board descriptions, etc etc.

Basically I wanna know if it is Gexy enough :D .

Link : https://gexforums.com/index.php

Looking for some feedback on The Gex Forums. Would like to know others thoughts on the overall design of the forum. Eg the theme, the logo, the board titles, the board descriptions, etc etc.

Basically I wanna know if it is Gexy enough :D .

Link : https://gexforums.com/index.php
As soon as the forum loads on my screen, I feel like I entered a completely different world, the world of Gex. Everything - the theme, the logo, the font and font color, emojis etc. has a touch of Gex in them. I don't think it can be made any more Gexy. That's my view on it's overall appearance.😊

As soon as the forum loads on my screen, I feel like I entered a completely different world, the world of Gex. Everything - the theme, the logo, the font and font color, emojis etc. has a touch of Gex in them. I don't think it can be made any more Gexy. That's my view on it's overall appearance.😊
Thank you for the feedback. :).

As I don't know what Gex is personally - I would love a topic introducing what game it is and etc. I can see that as a pin in the "Information Channel" area. I like the other forum area titles and such. The only one that slightly confused me at first was "The Home Shopping Channel" but I read the description and understand what is meant to be there... I would think a name such as "The Call Center" or something would maybe be more suitable.

Appearance Wise: I like the different font you use, and it is legible to me. It's a fun font too. As for the theme, I think it obviously fits your subject. I love the green and black header. Post profiles and etc look fine as well! I don't have much else to add other than if possible maybe add a light version of your theme for those who prefer light themes... Unless I missed where that is accessible!

If I knew more about the game I may have more ideas on ways to create some more activity. I think you are on the right track though! :)

As I don't know what Gex is personally - I would love a topic introducing what game it is and etc. I can see that as a pin in the "Information Channel" area. I like the other forum area titles and such. The only one that slightly confused me at first was "The Home Shopping Channel" but I read the description and understand what is meant to be there... I would think a name such as "The Call Center" or something would maybe be more suitable.

Appearance Wise: I like the different font you use, and it is legible to me. It's a fun font too. As for the theme, I think it obviously fits your subject. I love the green and black header. Post profiles and etc look fine as well! I don't have much else to add other than if possible maybe add a light version of your theme for those who prefer light themes... Unless I missed where that is accessible!

If I knew more about the game I may have more ideas on ways to create some more activity. I think you are on the right track though! :)
Thank you for the feedback :). Noted :).

Thank you for the feedback! Sorry my sub forum descriptions were a bit confusing, I was thinking of different channels you'd see on tv when I came up with them. I remember the home shopping network having a feature to call in. I think having a introduction topic about the series is a good idea too. :)

There's little I can suggest to improve so I'll stick with writing descriptions you may like - or not. ;) I also added a few subforums, as you have 85 threads in the Tail Time forum and those threads could easily be buried down.

Category: Channel 99

Forum: The Information Channel

Dive into the epicenter of Gex Forum news. Here, you'll find essential updates, announcements, and the latest happenings about the forum. Stay tuned to be in the loop!

Forum: Your Local Channel
Who's behind the screen? Introduce yourself and connect with fellow Gex enthusiasts. This is our cozy corner for getting to know the faces of the forum.

Forum: The Home Shopping Channel
While shopping's off the table, your feedback isn't! Reach out with your experiences, report site glitches, or share suggestions to enhance our community. Your voice shapes the forum.

Category: Channel 3

Forum: It's Tail Time!

Travel back to the iconic 90s! This is your hub for all discussions on the classic console Gex games, from their thrilling debuts to their legendary ports.
Subforum: Gex (1995) Discussions
Dive deep into the original that started it all! Share memories, strategies, and your thoughts on this classic title.
Subforum: Gex: Enter the Gecko (1998) Talk
Remember the shift to 3D? Discuss levels, bosses, and everything about Gex's second adventure.
Subforum: Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko (1999) Chats
Delve into the third installment of our favorite gecko's escapades. Share your favorite moments, challenges, and more.

Forum: Gex On The Go
Discover Gex's handheld adventures! Whether you're a seasoned fan or just uncovering this gem, join the chat about Gex's pocket-sized escapades.

Forum: The Arts Channel
Unleash your creative flair! Showcase your Gex-inspired artistry, share intriguing finds, or simply appreciate the talent that our community brings to the canvas.

Category: Channel 4

Forum: G-SPAN

Venture beyond the world of Gex. Whether it's a random thought, an exciting story, or a recent event, this is your space to chat about everything non-Gex.

Forum: The Tech Station
Tech enthusiasts, unite! Dive deep into discussions about the latest gadgets, explore other video game realms, and geek out over all things tech that aren't Gex.

Thank you for the feedback! Sorry my sub forum descriptions were a bit confusing, I was thinking of different channels you'd see on tv when I came up with them. I remember the home shopping network having a feature to call in. I think having a introduction topic about the series is a good idea too. :)
I totally caught on to what you were doing there! I loved the idea of the different channels you'd see! :)

Thank y'all again for the feedback. We have taken all the feedback in and implemented some changes. We also have some plans to unload as we grow.

We have updated the category description based on the provided suggestions.

We do now have a GEX information thread available.

We now have a Forum Fun & Games section.

I have made a light version of the theme. Currently a WIP/Beta so we are taking suggestions for improvement.

We do plan on creating some Thread Prefixes in the future to help sort different GEX content. As of right now there is not enough specific GEX game content to implement this. Sub Forums are certainly a possibility aswell. So for now this one is marked as Future Plans.

------------------------------------------

Another thing that has been discussed is implementing a GEX News specific section and combining that with a Portal that displays both GEX News and GEX Forum News. Not sure on if now is the right time, but it is currently marked as future plans as well. Others thoughts on this is welcome.

Last edited:
I only ever played a demo of Gex 3 and I really did like it but my parents couldn't afford to get it.

That said, this forum impresses me. It oozes with love put into it. I can tell those involved in creating it are big fans and that a lot of thought went into it. :)

I only ever played a demo of Gex 3 and I really did like it but my parents couldn't afford to get it.

That said, this forum impresses me. It oozes with love put into it. I can tell those involved in creating it are big fans and that a lot of thought went into it. :)
Thank you for the feedback.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor