Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Getting banned for posting too much?

Ja sa bong

Credits
Have you experienced getting banned in a forum for posting too much? I was in one SEO community years back and was banned for posting too much according to the admin. He informed me some members weren't happy I post too often which had them report my account. It was the weirdest experience I've had on any forum.

I have not. If posts were irrelevant, spam, or just not very thoughtful I can maybe understand some type of action being taken, but a ban for such a thing sounds absurd.

I never been banned for posting too much. I think if your posts were high quality, then the admins shouldn't have banned you. I've heard that this happened to another person on a different forum I visit... I wonder if it happened at the same forum. It's just odd to think of banning someone for posting too much.

I've never experienced this. I have seen members who were posting irrelevant posts, or a post with few words, they considered it spam and they were warned and possibly banned at that point. Forums are created for posting - so it is strange to think someone can get banned... However if they are not really participating in the forum, but are just posting random things, I understand it.

I have been on forums since 2004 and I can honestly say I have never experienced anyone getting a ban for posting too much on a forum. That is crazy!

As a forum owner myself, I would love to see someone post a lot and bring new content to the forum if that is what they are happy doing and I would definitely not ban or tell them not to.

Unfortunately, I do feel that some forums become so close-knit that anyone out of the circle starts to become really active, they try and shut it down. Not a good thing for the owners of the forum if they are going to allow their members to dictate how they should run their forum.

There are forum owners who want only a certain amount of posts per day and wait until they reach enough of the targetted audience before posting new ones. Those are mostly some tough niche based forums.

I have never been banned for posting too much, never. And most members from AJ are also from Forum promotion and you all know what I'm like haha :p

In terms of me, I say I help a great deal and boost the postings and content. I mean yeah some posts are point and others with made grammar or it's a long post that people might not even read about.

As long as its quality I have no issue, the problem is when its the same subject but reworded and put into multiple new topics, when it could actually just have been put into one...

sounds familiar for some reason.... 🤔🤔🤔

I could see this happening on sites where the posts are not even relevant to the niche. I mean, if someone came to Christianity Haven and started posting odd things about sinful behavior all over the site, I'm sure I'd be banning that person.

Nope! I've been warned via the forum warning system for "talking too much about myself" on a forum before though.

This would make sense if the one posting too much is actually just spamming or trolling the community.

Others just like hearing themselves talk, or are excited to have stumbled upon the community. Their initial post bombardment usually subsides after a little while.

Some places are full of snobs and so they are too critical of certain posters, and in that case, I can see that happening, but it's not justified.

Anyway, it seems like forums would be desperate for content, but some are not

Never in my life have I heard of such a thing,,how ridiculous! You want people to post,,then whinge when when they ‘post too much’?

This is very true..,if they post naughty things.,tsk..my foot gets planted on their backside and poof..into outer space they go, down a black hole

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor