Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

General application flow question.

Tyrsson

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Website
github.com
Credits
Ok, so here is my question.

For general website layout - think CMS.

Let me say, that I am pretty sure other applications may offer this, but I am asking in regards to the software I am building currently. So with that said. On to the questions.

I have noticed a trend lately (for awhile actually) where some of the "major" sites out there, corporate, are using designs that when you click the main nav it scrolls you to that section. Now, for some designs I like this alot. So, I have been considering offering a feature in my cms that allows the user to choose a set of "pages" that will be built out in the landing presentation (landing page for lack of a better term, think site index). Now, along with that, when that feature is enabled ALL other pages go into a drop down based on page structure (think parent, child relationship) so they are still accessible, but will reload the app context between the header and footer sections to present their data (think ajax), the entire app will be SPA, it's just the landing, and the pages attached to it that will scroll. What are your thoughts on this?

Of course this presents a issue. What if none of the pages are attached this way? Well, I will provide options that allow pages to be marked as main nav items without the scrolling option, then they will build main nav options (nav tabs, buttons, whatever) and they will follow the same workflow that is already supported, which would be to fetch the content and update the app workspace (area between header and footer).

Which would immediately give a lot of flexibility to theme authors as each theme could be presented either way with zero changes.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor