Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Freelance sites/gig sites that don't take massive cuts of your profits

I have just gone back to Fiverr myself to sell gigs and at the moment since coming back, I have not had any orders at the moment. I remember when I used to use it, they did take a fee but it never seemed to be too much if I am honest so I am not sure if something may have changed since then. I also use SEOClerks as well but again I have just gone back there again and a lot has changed since I went back so I am not sure how much of a cut they take from your services.

I don't mind if a 20% cut is taken as that is understandable if I am honest due to them providing the place for you to advertise your service and for people to find you. If any more than 20% then I would probably look for somewhere else to advertise my gigs.

Advertisement Placeholder
I have just gone back to Fiverr myself to sell gigs and at the moment since coming back, I have not had any orders at the moment. I remember when I used to use it, they did take a fee but it never seemed to be too much if I am honest so I am not sure if something may have changed since then. I also use SEOClerks as well but again I have just gone back there again and a lot has changed since I went back so I am not sure how much of a cut they take from your services.

I don't mind if a 20% cut is taken as that is understandable if I am honest due to them providing the place for you to advertise your service and for people to find you. If any more than 20% then I would probably look for somewhere else to advertise my gigs.
It is better to understand right now that getting jobs on those platforms has become extremely difficult because of the high rate of competition and the huge presence of freelancers on the platform.

I think so too. Giving them 20% when withdrawing won't hurt so much. If it were not for them, you would struggle to get clients and those jobs. So I don't see that percentage as a massive cut at all.
Freelancing platforms are really doing a lot of work, especially for people in low tier countries. There are many freelancer who work big companies in top tier countries through freelancing platforms. If not for freelancing platforms such thing may not happen.

Making comparison of the commission that would be received by each and every freelancing site would be instrumental to knowing the best to pick because you wouldn't want to work and larger portion of your pay will go to the freelancing sites.
Probably, the comparison will help to know the best site for you. At the end of the day you'll be able to determine the freelancing website you will be committed to, to make some good amount of money for yourself.
It is better to understand right now that getting jobs on those platforms has become extremely difficult because of the high rate of competition and the huge presence of freelancers on the platform.
The number of people who are going into freelancing everyday is increasing. This has actually made it to be very competitive and difficult for so many people to make any money from so many of them.

Last edited:
If you want to become successful as a freelancer,.you would need to learn skills every time and continue to improve upon your skills so that you can topple so-called professionals on freelancing websites.

Well that's for you, but there's something I noticed about this, even though they needs some token to maintain the platform, but don't you think they should charge not less than 15 percent, as they have many clients.
I believe if you are not okay with the amounts they charge on their platform you can always look for other platforms that child lesser fee and spend your time on that platform.

So many people failed in freelance jobs by registering on freelancing sites that takes huge percentage of the money . This is why a rookie in the freelancing world should make consultations..

I believe if you are not okay with the amounts they charge on their platform you can always look for other platforms that child lesser fee and spend your time on that platform.
Yes thats what I have been looking for, even though this days I think most of the online business don't pay well. But one has to be reaching all the times to know whether there are new sites that pay well.

Freelancing sites that takes huge cult of your money are avoidable . There is absolutely a way you can avoid them and that is why it is necessary to involve yourself in serious research to ensure that you did not fall victim of such platforms at all cost.

I make sure to carry out personal research on each and every freelancing website before I join because I know very well that they will receive their own commission and I also check and the Commission to know if it is suitable or not.

Actually there is no doubt that some platform or site do takes a massive cut of your profit most often in terms of transaction. that's the change in the currency. I have experienced it but I consider it cool.

Fiverr is one of the freelancing sites that will not take huge cut from your pay and the last time I checked, fiverr would only receive 20% Commission from the amount you earned on the their platform.

Fiverr is one of the freelancing sites that will not take huge cut from your pay and the last time I checked, fiverr would only receive 20% Commission from the amount you earned on the their platform.
That is not a bad amount at all. It is a fair amount given that they have done a great job connecting you with clients. You just need to withdraw large amounts there so that you don't feel the pinch of fees too much.

If you want to become successful as a freelancer,.you would need to learn skills every time and continue to improve upon your skills so that you can topple so-called professionals on freelancing websites.
Probably, continuous improvement in your skills as someone that really wants to make a lot of money from freelancing is very important and necessary. If not you may not be able to succeed.

Actually the primary reason why site are developed, is for money generation and I believe most of the site operate based on protocols they have designed so personally I have no problem with that because I can quit when am not comfortable.

Actually the primary reason why site are developed, is for money generation and I believe most of the site operate based on protocols they have designed so personally I have no problem with that because I can quit when am not comfortable.
The freelancing website are created to generate income and it is a wonderful platform that gives opportunity to a lot of freelancers to make a lot of money. They are also created to generate income.

We should all understand that the owner of freelancing sites created it to make money and receiving certain percentage from the amount made by the freelancers shouldn't generate a rancur.

Well people have different understanding about how site works on the internet most especially when it comes to payment of it members. they have principles and rule to which they follow so if you are not comfortable, you can quit.

Well people have different understanding about how site works on the internet most especially when it comes to payment of it members. they have principles and rule to which they follow so if you are not comfortable, you can quit.
Understanding the guidelines and policies of freelancing site would be better before you decided to work with them and if there style does not suit yours, it is better to leave.

Understanding the modus operandi of the freelancing website would give you upper hand and you will be better off as a freelancer on such platform because you wouldn't get it twisted.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds