Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Fonts

Reverie

Mythical member
Retired Staff
Credits
Fonts is often the bane of graphic designer's existences. You either have it, or you just don't. Since doing graphic design, I notice fonts everywhere I go! I even point out similar fonts to people and say "That's the font for x, y, and z!!!" and they totally think I'm nerding out.

What are some of your favorite fonts on graphics, or just in general?

I love Annie Use Your Telescope

I love it for the handwriting type feel to the font.

Since I’ve lost my font collection I just default to bebas and the marker since they’re available on the apps I use. Now that I’ve got gimp download I think I’m gonna reup my font game actually.

I spend way too much time on Dafont and other websites.... what is wrong with me? And is there any such thing as the "perfect font"?

I have a few go-tos for just nice clean sans serif usage, Aktiv Grotesque is a current favourite (just a beautiful typeface with many weights), and Trade Gothic and Din Schrift are some of my standards.

For anything else, it just depends on the project & the theme/mood.

I'm a huge fan of Merryweather + Lato as a combination, but good typography is always appreciated.

I really like DynaPuff for it's cartoony look. I am also a big fan of Oswald, it is more of a bolder font, but it looks great.

As a graphic designer, I can relate to this thread!! When I think of the various forums, I often think in terms of what font their brand is...but also what I would change it to if I could. So many people don't take advantage of using a new font to give them the impact their site deserves. They can go from Blah to Wow!

So, I guess I don't have an absolute favorite that I use for everything, since it's more about keeping with a brand for a site itself.

I know I'm going to get backlash for this but my favorite font is Comic Sans! It's much more pleasing to look at over boring Times New Roman or even Sans Serif.

Took me 4 hours of scrolling and testing to settle on the font I used on a recent project redesign. Not my favorite part of the process, but also one of the things you have to get right at the beginning or risk having a lot of work to do-over later.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest