Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

General Ever joined a forum that used a nulled script?

For all the diverse topics that don't quite fit elsewhere.

Ravenfreak

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
Unfortunately, there's people out there who don't want to pay for forum software but want to use paid software. They usually end up using a nulled script, which is illegal and not safe at all since anyone can easily add malicious code to the software without you noticing. Have you ever either by accident or purposely ever join a forum that used a nulled script? Did the forum eventually get taken down? How was your experience on the forum?

Is this like someone uploads the files to a torrent and you download it with no license? Never heard of this and wouldn't do it, but I would think Invision and Xen have people who look for pirated forums?

I've dabbled in some questionable areas over the years. So I'd assume I have. It doesn't for say bother me because of the lack of morals. It is the vulnerabilities and malicious code, as you stated. A lot of people are too poor to pay the licensing fees. Or just fresh to starting up, and inexperienced. I'd have to know the individual, or community to pass any judgement.

Is this like someone uploads the files to a torrent and you download it with no license? Never heard of this and wouldn't do it, but I would think Invision and Xen have people who look for pirated forums?
There's forums that offer free downloads to paid forum scripts unfortunately. They're usually on sites that also dabble in black hat hacking, and social engineering which is still morally bad and harmful for everyone involved. The best you can do if you know for a fact that a community is using a nulled script is to fill out a DMCA complaint form to try and get the site taken down and hope their host will comply.

Not that I know of. I am not really sure how to tell if a script is nulled, when using their website as a member. If I was to come across anything obvious, I would report it to the copyrighted owner.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor