Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ever got into a war of words with an admin?

Henrywrites

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
Most of the time, we join forums because we want to have a good time making friends and interacting with others on the site. However, there are times we may be on forums where the admin would not like the way you act. Have you ever been in a war of words with an admin on a forum before?

Yes.

I remember being a part of a forum, and it was based on a specific online game.. I cant remember the name... star something.. anyway I digress..

I was a mod on the forum and ended up leaving because the Admin decided that if someone posted a new topic asking a question and the question was answered the would close and lock the topic. It was the dumbest thing ever and the whole forum was filled with locked only topics..

its a frickn discussion forum!! OMG... anyway hahaha

edit: its a pet peeve for me when admin lock topics...

One thing I disagree with is the way some admins clear out inactive users, So..a user maybe hasnt posted for..God forbid..a few months so their account is deleted. Why? What harm is the account doing sitting there? This is something I have never done nor will ever do. My point was proved recently when an absent member returned and thanked me for not deleting their account, Why would I? Not being around isn't breaking my guidelines is it, People have lives.,things happen and you don't think in the middle of a crisis to tell each admin you wont be around so your account doesn't get deleted. Seems a ridiculous way to do things to me..but each to their own I suppose

It was years ago the last time I was at a war with words with an admin on a forum and that was due to being mistreated on the forum at the time.

I don't tend to get into confrontations with admins on forums as I feel it never helps either party out.

The only time I have ever had to say something or got into a war with words with someone is when I have had to defend myself but that does not happen too often either. I tend to keep myself to myself and get on with what I enjoy.

The last time that I was in a deep deep conversation with a site owner was back in 2013 when he wanted to move away from IPS to MyBB. Cost at the time made him want to move away and also wanted a change of software, It was out of the blue at the time when it happened and yet he has given me even more mods permissions than ever before, I would say at the time that his co-admin was sick and tired of his crap and he said that if he moved to MyBB he would never join back, at the time he was busy with the real-life job anyway. Hence I was given extra powers.

Long story short I never did like him and one day he started an argument with me since he didn't like what I did with some crap members and I didn't like the way he was running things. I left after 30 days as he always wanted his ways that never worked. End of the day I was a mod for that site for three years and hired by his co-admin.

Yep. I joined a forum that seemed to be up my alley. Then the admin started to hound me. I would constantly receive PMs about rule infractions even though I obsessively combed over the rules to make SURE I wasn't breaking rules. I even read their "mature" marked threads to see what kind of language was okay to use. But what the admin and her staff can do is okay for admin and staff, but not for members. I remember telling her I didn't appreciate being babysat and left her site. Then she followed me onto a site that I staffed and went on to complain about me there. Shrug!

Only on Reddit where they have "auto-mod" set-up with a ridiculous amount of trigger words to get caught in. I told one subreddit that the auto-mod was a nazi, which started an argument. I was trying to explain the accurate science behind something, but the moderator didn't believe me therefore the post had to be removed altogether.

I've never had to deal with this myself, though it seems like it'd be stressful. At that point if a staff member on a forum is giving you too much trouble, it's not worth engaging on their forum or interacting with them.

I've never had to deal with this myself, though it seems like it'd be stressful. At that point if a staff member on a forum is giving you too much trouble, it's not worth engaging on their forum or interacting with them.
Yup, best to walk before you're pushed.
Resign before you get fired ;)

I can say I have had plenty of run ins with admins of various sites over the years back in my early days on forums for a variety of reasons with various results. These days, I find it unlikely I would because I am simply not that invested enough in anything to care enough to bother.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest