Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Employees' deontology

Sariana23

Captain Junkie
Credits
Ethics are the good habits to live in society and achieve a healthy and balanced coexistence among people. In other words, "Professional ethics consists of a set of norms and values that govern the actions of workers in an organization". In order for employees to fulfill their duties in the performance of their functions, what are the rules that apply in the development of a company in terms of principles and values?

Last edited:
Advertisement Placeholder
I do no care about ethics and morality in the working staff. All I care is the performance. You should be a job provider, and not a moral police. As long as the employee deliver what is assigned to him, his moral standing should not bother me.

I do no care about ethics and morality in the working staff. All I care is the performance. You should be a job provider, and not a moral police. As long as the employee deliver what is assigned to him, his moral standing should not bother me.
I am really surprised by your answer, it is very true that employee performance is important and providing employment is also important, however from my very personal point of view, I do not consider it to be a moral policeman, but you should know what kind of people you work with, as it can lead to the bankruptcy of the company with bad actions of employees.

I did mention about performance. I will not accept incompetence and I will not accept poor performance. As long as my employees deliver what he is supposed to deliver, I do not care about his moral standing.

I did mention about performance. I will not accept incompetence and I will not accept poor performance. As long as my employees deliver what he is supposed to deliver, I do not care about his moral standing.
Ok that's fine, if that's what you really like it will be fine, in this particular we have different ways of thinking and I respect you, I even admire your online trajectory. Personally I care a lot about the principles and values of the people who live in my work environment.

I respect you for giving more importance to morality. Well, as a human being we need to think about morality. It is just that I am only considering the processional side of a person.

I respect you for giving more importance to morality. Well, as a human being we need to think about morality. It is just that I am only considering the processional side of a person.
I do understand, but I have experienced so many situations in my workplace that are out of line, that I analyze people both professionally and in terms of their principles and values. There are professionals with bad habits, such as thieves, ex-convicts, cheaters, swindlers who damage companies.

A lot of people seem to have a notion that a morally wrong person cannot become an efficient employee. However, morality and working efficiency are twp different things.

A lot of people seem to have a notion that a morally wrong person cannot become an efficient employee. However, morality and working efficiency are twp different things.
You are absolutely right, a person who is immoral, can be efficient in their work, they are two very different things. The problem that I see is the consequences that can occur in a company, and the immoral actions of the employee within the company.

Not being able to work with morally wrong person or not trusting morally wrong person is more of a personal issue. However, a lot of people are just like this.

Not being able to work with morally wrong person or not trusting morally wrong person is more of a personal issue. However, a lot of people are just like this.
Yes, I say that the vast majority of employers and staff in general, because you can not totally trust an immoral person because according to my readings '' when a person acts immorally, it means that he is acting incorrectly, doing wrong''.

Receiving bribes not to execute a particular law.
Lying and deceiving people solely for personal gain.
Stealing from other people.
Corruption within governments, i.e. not investing money that is actually for society.

Morally wrong person may also do wrongs and I agree with the points listed. However, sometimes the person my be doing wrong things elsewhere but could be doing his work efficiently. I once has a worker for my dairy farm. He was really bad, he was an alcoholic, wife beater, cheater, etc. However, when he came to work he was sober, we performed well.

Deontology is the theory that a person should do his duty, based on whether the action taken is itself right or wrong under the applicable laws. In essence, fulfilling one's obligations is ethical, no matter what the impact will be on society

Morally wrong person may also do wrongs and I agree with the points listed. However, sometimes the person my be doing wrong things elsewhere but could be doing his work efficiently. I once has a worker for my dairy farm. He was really bad, he was an alcoholic, wife beater, cheater, etc. However, when he came to work he was sober, we performed well.
I understand, of course, that as long as the worker does not attract inconveniences in the company, he can do what he wants outside it, everyone has a life and lives it as he wants, the situation is within the company and the behavior of the worker. Each company has regulations and among them are the part of deontology that I explained in the topic.

Ethics are the good habits to live in society and achieve a healthy and balanced coexistence among people. In order for employees to fulfill their duties in the performance of their functions, what are the rules that apply in the development of a company in terms of principles and values?
Definitely ethics in the society, among employees is an important habits to co-exist with to increase the level of productivity in the society or even among employers.

Definitely ethics in the society, among employees is an important habits to co-exist with to increase the level of productivity in the society or even among employers.
Excellent, it is interesting your publication with a good point of view. As long as there is good ethics in society and in companies, interpersonal relationships are more fluid and a very good working environment, which increases productivity.

When it comes to the ethics and morals of an organisation one of the major rules that moves companies to tell their employees is that they must ensure that the product that they are churning out is good and safe for human consumption or usage.

When it comes to the ethics and morals of an organisation one of the major rules that moves companies to tell their employees is that they must ensure that the product that they are churning out is good and safe for human consumption or usage.
Of course, this is part of the ethics and morals of creating quality products that are good and safe. In this way, you will have a clientele that will speak well of you and your company.

When we look closely at the work environment we should be able to notice the rules of engagement and there should be some level of coordination. So in other to achieve this the memorandum of association and article of association should be drafted more carefully and adhered to strictly.

You should also remember that your workers also serve as ambassadors of your business or company. So it would be nice you make sure they follow good morals and ethics. Their performance indeed matters alot but an employee must make sure his or workers not just get the work done, but in the right way. Cause any action taken by your worker would be seen as an action taken by the company
[automerge]1622904166[/automerge]
Very true, your morality does not matter when it comes to your ability to get the work done. But where it comes to play is the image of rhe company. I have seen a case where a friend of mine lost a contract even with his high performance. And the reason was the fact that they heard some rumors about him, and the company does not want to be dragged into it. Same way most celebrities loose endorsements once a rumor or some indecent news comes up

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds