Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Electric Cars: The future or not?

MrDawn

Reputable member
Credits
Do you think the technology behind Electric Cars is being rushed and therefor is not a perfected technology?

I think so. A lot of people aren't buying them. They're piling up at the car lots. EV's are not every where especially on the highways and smaller towns like gas stations are. The batteries do not stay charged for very long. So energy usage drains the battery rather quickly depending on how fast and how far you drive the car. Then you have cold weather which messes with the battery and sometimes causes them to discharge. Then when you go to charge the car, you have to wait an hour. Not like at the gas station where it takes 5 minutes to gas up your tank. Personally, I don't want one unless they can perfect the technology and come up with more options and more charge stations.

I think in maybe 5 or 6 years we'll be seeing more electric cars on the road. We'd have better batteries to put in the cars or at least better technology to help decrease battery usage and get more mileage without having to charge the battery.

There's a certain number of people who wanted EVs and can afford them. We're getting close to that number, therefore EV sales will slow drastically. We're not going to see the EV adoption levels we've seen over the last few years because they just don't make sense for anyone who drives their cars. EVs are good for grandma and grandpa who drive 100 miles a month puttering around town and not much more. Financially it's finally becoming clear to people it doesn't make sense. I have yet to see the math work out to make sense to buy an EV. It's a toy, nothing more.

The only reason I don't drive an electric car at the moment is due to the charging infrastructure here, it's pretty poor. It has been getting better, but it's still not there enough for me to get an electric car right now, plus the rising electricity costs mean that it costs a fortune to charge it. My company gives EV out as company cars and I have declined one as two of my colleagues have one and whilst we can claim expenses, they're making more of a financial loss than I do when they had diesel company cars.

I thinkits certainly part of the future of the car industry.
I still think cars could run on hydrogen or water which could be easier to maintain or use. But that technology is being dipfed to us so the goverments and companies can make their mone off us first from electric cars.

Look at Diesel cars, they encouraged everyone to get them, and no they are phasing them out because they arent actually very good for the enviroment.

I think on the we will see more and more electric cars. But they will never replace gasoline engines, especially in the commercial space. I work in construction and there is no electric truck that has the towing capacity i need for my day to day activities.

I'm actually deciding whether or not to purchase a Tesla model Y. It's a better investment than my current gas car. I'm currently spending almost 1000€ per month. With the Tesla, I'd save at least 400€ per month.

1698924820386.png
1698924838331.png
1698924866154.png

It's not the model of the car I want (couldn't get black wheels on the i4) but the colours are what I'm getting on my next car :love: plus ultra tinted windows :D
IMG_0098.jpegIMG_0099.jpeg

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor