Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

eBay

Reverie

Mythical member
Retired Staff
Credits
Did you know that eBay was launched in 1995, but it first became public in 1998. At that time the website already had a million years and generated $4.7 million in revenue!

Have you sold items on eBay, have you bought items? I remember when I was elementary school age my dad would sell items on there frequently, but did not buy things as far as I know. I know there was also groups that would buy things at garage sales to then try and profit off of eBay! It was a smart idea, especially with auctions!

I haven't used it that much. Have bought on there a few times over the years but never sold. I had a few issues with purchases too and eBay were quick to resolve it which was nice (and if they didn't, PayPal always did).

I use eBay all the time, whether it's buying or selling stuff. I've sold 271 items on there, mostly Yu-Gi-Oh cards. I've bought a lot of stuff, which is mostly Yu-Gi-Oh products as well. I like that you can often find some good deals on there and accumulate your feedback in the process. It has always been my #1 favorite place to shop online.

eBay is still so very young and I'm older than eBay :p

I have used eBay for selling and buying, well mostly buying things ;) It's a place that you can sell to make money or to get rid of your junk however be careful who you buy and sell to. I sold many items in my time and I hate those damn people that say it's not working/broken, and end up losing out the money and sending it back and forth.

I had to get my Bathroom done this year so all the white goods were brought via eBay, From the toilet to the shower taps Xd. Crazy that you can get a tap for £100 and in the store it's £250 odd XD

I sell a heap of stuff on ebay, not going to say what but its a fairly high $ value, at the moment to get a decent listing on the first page of search its costing me on average about 8%-9% of the value of the sale, add fees into that which are around 12.5%, and then shipping cost can be anything from 10% value to 35% value and I am losing from 30% to 50% of my total sale value once the item has been sold.

All I can say is, ebay must be making a bloody fortune cause they are bleeding me dry. I can sell the same things on Facebook marketplace for 30% less and make more money and avoid any potential tax issues in the future, except you cant trust Facebook marketplace as its full of scammers so I don't bother most the time.....

I have never sold items on eBay but I do buy a few things from there.
I might one day sell a few things on eBay that I have no use for anymore.

I've never sold anything online before, but I have purchased things from ebay. I've only had one issue once where someone sold me a Xbox 360 that was supposed to come with a hard drive but it didn't... Unfortunately for me it was too late for me to contact the seller though. Now I know better to actually test things out when I first get them to make sure they work or as advertised.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest